RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Val39 (GAS2) and MX500 (GR1) definitely fit differently.

3 Likes

I kind of like the fit of the MX500 shell, and I know my ears are a bit wonky regarding buds. So could anyone recommand me a pair of cheap val39 buds to try this fit; the sound not being crap would be a plus, as I would have to test it for extended period of time.

Yes @Rikudou_Goku , I’m preparing for my order in your catalog :wink:

sorry, but that shell is exclusive to me. (and val)

:smirk:

1 Like

:worried: you don’t make my life easier, you know.

I thought I knew what vla39 is, but I realize I had it mixed all the time with Qian39. So for my culture, what/who is val39?

Val39 is the shell you see above (red). Was made by Valphonics after he and I talked about mixing the MX500 with the Qian39 shell. It ended up getting some changes so the resemblance to the Qian39 is pretty much gone now though.

On the other hand, the Qian39 shell will be used for gen 3. Or at least, the Qian39 from the outside as I am doing a lot of work on making the internal design better but fit the same.

2 Likes

(From MRS (Super Reviews) discord server)

11 Likes

I can’t wait to try out some of these Rikubuds!

4 Likes

Soon, bro. Just gotta get some Penon time in, and check out two more buds against Mags’ set and then they’re on your way early next week

3 Likes

Yo does anyone have any experience with the iems that qudelix makes? I just saw them on their site and I’m curious about them

You mean this?

That is exclusive for the Qudelix 5K.

Yeah, those ones exactly. I read the page on it and I’ll be honest it just sounded like a bunch of techno babble

I’ve got a pair and they’re ok. Nothing particularly special about them but their real party trick is being able to flip between EQ presets in the qudelix software. I wouldn’t buy them unless I was also buying a 5k directly from qudelix because of the shipping costs.

2 Likes

That’s kinda interesting, especially with a dual DD setup, but yeah their published fr seems eh. It’s interesting that they seem kinda forgotten while the 5k is a darling of the community.

They’re interesting but more in the sense of you can buy them and experience a bunch of tuning targets than want to actually listen to them regularly.

They’re a great tech demo in the sense that they show the direction that planars should go since they respond so well to EQ, acceptable stock tuning with a bunch of prebaked EQ presets to hit or get close to various tuning targets.

9 Likes

It’s finally here. The Sony Series.

NW-A300 - NW-A306 360 Reality Audio | Portable Audio Player | Sony Asia Pacific

ZX707 - NW-ZX707 High-resolution Audio | Portable Audio Player | Sony Asia Pacific

I’m curious how the A300 will fair since they’re sticking to the same compact design. They’re also boasting 26 hours of battery life while streaming. Will be quite a technical marvel to achieve that on such a small device.

4 Likes

wow, this a300 looks puurrfect little device for me if they really achieve 26h on streaming. But my guess the MSRP would be around 500$ in current market, maybe 449$

https://kakakumag.com/av-kaden/?id=19130&lid=kmag_pc_19130_recommend_mid

https://kakakumag.com/av-kaden/?id=19131

I dont know how legit this source is but it also redirects to some preorders, so probably quite legit.
ZX700 would be released at around 800$ in Japan.
A306 would be released at 350$

So not bad at all

Oh. I need a dap, great timing!!

Said no one ever but my wallet is shaking

5 Likes

Coming from someone who just got their endgame dap🤣

For real though that A300 is mighty tempting. I just can’t convince myself that I need anything more than my qudelix though…

1 Like