RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Will do, i decided to go for the Ebony exactly because it seems they finally got the highs under control on that one, have you watched this review?

As for EQ on the LCD2C, hell yeah it is horrible without EQ and very nice after some adjustments, but i guess planars will never hit as hard as dynamics when it comes to bass… These Fostex in the other hand are supposed to be THE best for that, so lets see!

1 Like

Oh yea, I watched his review, so yepp 100% LOL. And yea those biodynamics from them are killer good, great slam thicc etc. I just got some Elex and they Slam but are not thicc so they are really trippy and I like them as a companion to my Koss 95x. I am disillusioned with planar as I think its a compromise between dynamic and EST and doesnt excel in anything. I mean LCD4/Abyss/Hifiman exist, but meh LOL

Derail over /s :rofl:

2 Likes

I love my 03s but haven’t found a replacement that matches the fit (for me) and the sound/value. :confused: For small size, maybe the Blon mini and Final Audio stuff would be good. The JVC too, but I’ve heard weird fit issues and a struggle with inserting them with the rotating nozzle.

I can offer some help with the volume: You can get a audio/EQ app on the phone to either lower the overall volume, EQ lower on all bands, or add additional volume steps. My Samsung S9 has a built-in app that adjusts for volume steps, from like 10 to 60 or something. Better refinement and lower volume adjustment. There’s also general apps that do something similar.

1 Like

yes, that is true. I forgot about that. You can just use a preamp controller and set it to a negative value and that should solve the issue with too much volume at minimum settings.

1 Like

Theeese (Fostex TR-X00 Ebony) have been discontinued for years.

3 Likes

Yep it is a shame, apparently they sound incredible, specially the Ebony. I had to search forums until i found an used one and i ended up paying more than what the original owner paid for them brand new. They are coming from Sweden so it may take a while before they arrive here in Canada…

Are those 3 yours? I read a lot about the Lawton mod, but i want to hear it in stock form before deciding if i even want to change anything besides the cable which is not removeable in the model i found, i will at least cut that cable in half for sure.

1 Like

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/911424618/search

Seems interesting.

GD11 looks insane with 1 DD + 10(!) BAs lol.

Also interesting that the GT10 with its 10 BAs is cheaper than the ST8 with 8 BAs.

I am interested in the ST8, GD11, GD9 and the GT10.

They all look professional with their separate bores in the nozzles.

And love that they got a graph along with the diagram lol.

4 Likes

Hey guys, do you know where i can find these super nice cables such as the kbear rhyme, but with a dual 3.5mm jack instead of 2 pin or mmcx?

I could not find good options on aliexpress, looking for something under $40 if possible, the kbear rhyme was only $20 and it is awesome.

Ask XINHS to make you one: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/910746107

2 Likes

Actually, the best solution would be to buy the Rhyme again and desirable connectors on aliexpress…
Then proceed to ask your friend who actually knows how to solder, buy him a couple of beers and the problem is solved. :rofl:

Idk if XINHS would have jack terminations in stock, but you should at least ask…

1 Like

XINHS seems to have a lot of stuff thats not listed in their store. So definitely no harm in asking.

Best way would be to take a picture of what you are requesting.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, i have sent him a message, lets see how it goes.

I am comfortable with soldering and i do have an extra kbear cable here i was about to mod, but i still could not find a pair of 3.5mm plugs to my liking, i will either buy a cable if this seller can make one for me or try to find the plugs and solder myself.

If you got soldering skills. You could buy the separate parts here:

If you are buying from CEMA, you could get the “Hakuzen” discount, which I believe is 10% off.
(Hakuzen is the guy behind this: Resistance of cables; pics, comments, and links | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org, my old senpai in the cable measuring thing.)

Or if you buy from XINHS, you can tell him that you are from head-fi and you should also get a discount.

(IM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THEM!!!)

1 Like

Wow awesome! Thanks man!

1 Like

Probably because KZ and Tin are more known in the budget range, so when they release stuff thats in the mid-tier range, they wont get as many purchases. The mid-tier range is dominated by other brands, its kinda hard for KZ (thats known to just put as many drivers as they can and release a lot of iems very quickly) to get their market share in that price range.

Right, $100+ is the KZ danger zone. When there is a limited set of stores picking up a new model, that is also a big warning sign.

On the T5, maybe the initial reviews didn’t motivate people to spend the money or a signature that didn’t appeal to their typical customers. Seemed like the hype train did not leave the station on that one.

Exactly. Seems the T5 is V-shaped while Tin is known to have a more neutral or bright-neutral tuning, that probably scared their customers off.

Let me know what they say, I could use a nice looking cable for my HE400i which also takes two 3.5mm jacks.

1 Like

Yep.

2 Likes