RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Fiio FD3:

1627171613981.png
1627171623335.png
1627171641319.png
1627171653237.png
1627171663657.png
1627171676237.png
1627171758961.png

Seems to be a bright iem since it seems male vocals arent good while they mentioned it being good with “female poison”.

6 Likes

I think I’m done collecting Fiio sets. This does not interest me. Gotta love that HUGE Fiio logo. That’s sarcasm btw.

3 Likes

The ear-piercing replay of saliva songs sounds tempting… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do you any information about the price or price range? To me it look promising.
P/s: Anyone here using apple music with something like btr5? When it stream via bluetooth with LDAC codec, does the apple app send the lossless ALAC files before compress to LDAC or it just send AAC via bluetooth?

Around 100$ :slight_smile:

Around 100 usd as @nymz said. I believe the difference in the FD3 and the FD3 Pro is that the pro version includes a modular cable while the regular FD3 is just a regular cable.

Would love to see some reputable brand like fiio doing a nice sub 100$ hybrid modular 2pin cable (copper/silver). That would take my money :slight_smile:

Edit: or better yet… XINHS get modular plugs…

1 Like

Oh boy, I would LOVE if XINHS got the modular system that Dunu uses. That system is a LOT better than Fiio uses.

4 Likes

Yeah, just asked him about it. Or something like hart cables: mini xlr to mini xlr adaptors

2 Likes

Just by looking at the pics reminded myself that I never even touch the narrow nozzles of my FD5.

Not sure if an FD3 is worth it when there’s the FH3 already. Curious how they’re gonna pull this off.

Well, the FH3 is a hybrid and the FD3 is a single DD. I say they got room to have both in the same price range. The question is if the FD3 is well tuned or not. It sounds like it is a bright iem since they mentioned “female poison” so it can be shouty…

Hey @Rikudou_Goku

Did you see AmericanSpirit (it seems he isn’t around here at Hifiguides?) post on KZ’s forum at head-fi?1 Interesting read and also the source he mentioned.

1 Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread | Page 3746 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Different OI can make the FR of BA iems change (the same way different resistance cables do).

1 Like

Did you do any measurements for different DAC filters – if they change the FR chart? I was reading this² and found it interesting. But I cycled through my DAC settings and honestly couldn’t notice any difference. Maybe that’s because I’m using just Spotify highest setting and not a high-res source?

² Archimago's Musings: MEASUREMENTS: Oppo UDP-205 Part 1: Output levels and digital filter settings... (And a few words about recent Munich 2018 MQA interview videos, McGill listening test out.)

No I havent tried measuring it. On my DX160 I do hear some very very very slight differences, but optimizing the filter for every single transducer is way too time consuming and the benefits are extremely minor.

What’s your default setting? I ended up leaving mine on “Linear Phase Fast”.

im on stock settings with my main setup (Topping E30 dac).

“Sharp roll off”

1 Like

By the way, do you listen to what formats for music in general? MQA, DSD, Spotify, other?

My library is local music in mostly FLAC or MP3 (320kbps).

(using JRIVER on windows 10 (desktop) and Neutron Player on my DX160 (portable))

1 Like

2021-07-25: KZ DQ6 review: Knowledge Zenith DQ6 - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

TOTL tuning with the DIY foam mod. I prefer this a bit over the blon bl-03 (mesh mod). :+1:

3 Likes