RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Thanks for the link. Was looking this up and didn’t come up with anything.

ha ha. Good luck getting that price through. Their silver litz cables are $100. I’d pay more for the one that comes with the FD5.

yeah lol. I know their other cable is priced that high. But I mentioned the other great cables like the tri through and the kbear rhyme to them.

Cheaper is going to be better for us consumers.

And personally, if they price it too high I wont rec it, due to the other great cables. And I dont really need that modular function because I already have all the adapters I need lol.

If anyone needs a 2.5/3.5/4.4mm to 6.35mm adpater this one is great and high quality: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000570564015.html

1 Like

True, true. But they don’t have that adapter system. We can dream right? :slight_smile:

As this is sinking in, I’m appreciating the FD5 even more now than I already did. What a fantastic IEM. Fiio is on fire.

You’re making too much sense. :wink:

1 Like

Praying to the QC gods that the FD5 will be fine. Thats all they need for it to be successful.

2 Likes

Any thoughts re why 9 ot of the top-10 cables are 4.4mm?
And why there are no 2.5mm cables on your list?

And it seems there is no overall idea behind companies cable strategies, as no IEM company stands out with consistent low resistance cables.

Because I mainly use my Ibasso DX160 on 4.4mm. I also prefer 4.4mm over 2.5mm because…well it is thicker and more durable.

Thats why I always pick 4.4mm when I can. I just use an adapter from 4.4mm to 6.35mm when I need to on my desktop setup.

Yeah, low resistance cables arent really consistent across the same brand. Except maybe for EA cables.

I have already put this question to the Fiio headphone product manager in Facebook.

1 Like

Nice, the more people that are asking them about it the better I guess. Shows there are interest in it.

I think it’s about time 2.5mm is binned, 4.4 pent and XLR, 3.5mm and 1/4 should be all that’s needed?..Sony thank you :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I dont see any advantages for 2.5mm over 4.4mm.

…ok I guess that some portable amps are so small the 4.4mm wont fit? That might be the only advantage I can see for 2.5mm.

1 Like

True, most DAP’s etc today are big beasts size wise easy to accommodate a 4.4mm out.

LOL was typing this before your edit :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, at least for mid-tier and up.

Low tier stuff like the Shanling M0, Hidizs AP80, Fiio BTR5 are probably too small for 4.4mm.

1 Like

I guess 2.5mm can still be used in the low tier/smaller sources, while mid-tier+/bigger sources will go for 4.4mm.

But that is pretty annoying because you will either need to change cables to switch sources or use an adapter…

Extending and already flimsy connection with an adaptor…what could possibly go wrong :man_shrugging: :grin:

yeah, I have no solutions to this problem. Other than just making stuff thicker and just put a 4.4mm in everything lol.

Why choose when you can have all the options?

This is a rabbit hole I’ll end up spending days in while listening to music with my IEMs. Thanks for the loss of life RikudouGoku.

2 Likes

The best option of course. But not all mid-tier daps has all 3 of them, like the DX160 and the Hiby R5…

I was in that hole over a year ago. Got cable 173, 175 and 196 on that list. There wasnt any good budget cables like there are today. Like the Faaeal copper, Tri Through and the Kbear Rhyme.

1 Like

I guess I add this: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-hi-fi-hi-res-audiophiles-bluetooth-headphone-adapter-thread-8-jul-20-qudelix-5k-impression-added.906655/

Great thread that summarizes a lot of the portable bluetooth dac/amps.

LOL that is a very practical reason for why no 2.5mm in the list :laughing: