RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

2021-12-19: KZ ZEX Pro/KZ x Crinacle CRN: KZ ZEX Pro/KZ x Crinacle CRN - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Stock rank: D+
PEQ rank: A-

Unusual tuning for KZ, but the 8k peak is a big bottleneck. It is kind of of a “default win” for them though, since there is nothing else like this in this price range. (And PEQ fixes most of the issues I have with it.)

Here is the preset:
Peak: 4200hz, Q: 2, gain: -3db
Peak: 7000hz, Q: 5, gain: -3db
Peak: 8000hz, Q: 3, gain: -5db
High-shelf: 11 000hz, Q: 0.7, gain: 3db

6 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku thought you’d laugh at this, new t-force yuan li version is using the dark souls logo, from the hifigo discord after asking about it

1 Like

Saw that version on their facebook. :joy:

idm them ripping off their logo i just wanted to know if it was an official collab or not, huge ds fan and would 100% buy an official dark souls iem

Seems to be a collab?

https://www.facebook.com/tforceaudio/posts/218421693803050

really hard to find info on, + the way the hifigo mod responded makes me thing they’re aware of the situation

messaged them on fb i’ll see what the response is

1 Like

official

2 Likes

oh lol…

Are they avoiding copyright cuz its “Dark Soul” and not "Dark Souls? :rofl:

6 Likes

Riku, do you have plans for Tin P1 Plus?.
I’m put off by Timeless’ qc issues and lack of holographics; no interest in that set. But I’m highly interested to see someone do a comparison between P1 Plus vs Shuoer (Letshuoer…) S12 in the near future.

1 Like

Have you considered Tri I3 Pro?

No I haven’t heard of it before, will check it.
Mostly I just like to hear what others say and compare new tech tho lol

1 Like

The man himself likes the Tri I3 PRO for his library: 🔶 7HZ Timeless Planar - #1271 by Rikudou_Goku.

1 Like

I have reviewed the P1 Plus.

That S12 is likely to be the same iem as the Timeless though.

3 Likes

Heck, I got fricked up by the search function using “Tin P1 Plus”… my bad, plenty of results with “P1 Plus”.

So I’ve heard, although I’m betting that the different shell might yield a different result in stage and imaging at least even with the same driver between S12 and Timeless.

4 Likes

I have the TRI i3 pro and I find that the base overwhelms the mids. In some ways I find the mids muddy. Between the Timeless or the i3 pro, I would choose the timeless every time.

2 Likes

2021-12-22: Added rankings for:

K´s K300: C-

QianYun Qian39: S

Final Audio VR3000: C (All iems from Final Audio have a BIG QC warning.)

Update on what I got incoming:

Sony MDR-CD900ST (+ Yaxi ST2pads)
CCA CRA
KZ BA10
Tin Hifi T3 Plus

None of these will arrive before the year is over though, so my gear of the year post will be posted soon.

5 Likes

Is this where You bought it…?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0nX5Ek

Or this:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtPNfJe

nope, here:

100% Qian39

1 Like

hey Mr. AnimeGuy, are there any IEM’s out there that have the same / similar sound profile of the Senn HD600’s?

…and for the sake of curiosity, are there high impedance IEM’s out there? if so, what kind of DAP would you need to drive them properly, as a phone, tablet or PC is unlikely to be sufficient?