RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Speaking of buds:

Anyone wanna try this? :joy:

1 Like

It reminds me of a manhole cover.

3 Likes

Im curious :grimacing:

Im guessing it will be unveiled in 3 days.

1 Like

Sony designers sure have very interesting ears.

They are too special, that’s for sure :joy:

Most iems they do are an abomination.

I guess they have to do it differently when they use huge 16mm DDs.

2022-02-11: KZ DQ6S review: Knowledge Zenith (KZ) X HBB: DQ6S - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Default rec if you want something for rock/metal at this price range. :+1:
But if you have a library similar to mine, the modded DQ6 is better.

7 Likes

My wife buys 5 packs of Glracd brand on Amazon for $12, given that she loses and/or puts them in the wash, I won’t argue. They don’t sound great, but for that price, they are impossible to beat, and it means we always have them for the grandkids.

Try the Yincrow X6.

3 Likes

2022-02-12: Earsonics Onyx: Earsonics Onyx - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

D-

03XIZ7t.gif

2 Likes

The other reviewers seem to like the Onyx though…

I had a similar experience with a Fischer Amps FA 666 IEM that is even more expensive. It was the first and so far only unvented IEM I tried and it was a disaster. Extremly uncomfortable. It caused constant over- and underpressure depending on how I moved the IEM in my ear. The sound was not only terrible, but frequency response and technicalities seemed to change in accordance with insertion depth. However most other reviewers didn’t just not have any of those problems, but actually enjoyed them quite a bit.

3 Likes

Exactly my experience with this…

(also funny cuz someone wants me to sell/trade it… and also asked if I burned it in for 100 hours)

2 Likes

That is why I have already turned my attention only to ChiFi. I have long forgotten brands like Sennheiser and others … :neutral_face:

Someone pmed me and told me it sounds better than the Sony IER-Z1R and it needed at least 75 hours of burn in. :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
10 char…

(that someone is one of the other “reviewers” for the Onyx)

Tell him to burn his IEMs after he burns his brain :sweat_smile: .

2 Likes

Only 75? (source)

Need to burn in to 150+ hours. Not really a ‘con’ just a fact. Transducers just need time to break in.

EDIT: Stuff like this is the reason I am not on head-fi
EDIT2: Fixed link

4 Likes

It is shameful…

No wonder crin didnt get a unit lol.

1 Like