RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Hmm, count me in

It looks and fits like the Qian39 shell, except the faceplate is a bit bigger to fit regular 15.4mm drivers. Basically getting both sound and comfort.

haha, no its smaller than mx500 shells. And more drivers doesnt mean better anyway. (look at kilobuck headphones lol.)

2 Likes

Tried the Qian39 and they sounded very tinny in comparison with the X6. Think the shell is so low profile that they didn’t go deep enough into the ear. Maybe I just gave up too early and didn’t try hard enough.

So for me MX500 or even bigger I guess.

1 Like

Interesting, I havent seen anyone having problems with that shell before.

Lucky you I guess. :wink:

Save me one shell, we talk driver later :grimacing:

2 Likes

Have to try again then I guess. Will your Qian39 also have a open mesh-like driver cover? Always when i look at a MX500 I wonder how they can produce good sound with like 95% of the driver covered.

Just put in the order for 30 pairs. :wink:

Resin material. :smirk:

2 Likes

Resin?? Shoot, i might need 2 then if we manage to get nasty drivers there!

1 Like

U mean this part?

Its gonna be like that.

The shell has bigger side vents than on the usual MX500 shells and I added a pretty big (2.5mm) center vent as well. Gonna be a bass monster unless I dampen them hehe. And with it being 3d printed, the accuracy of the center vent will be much better than with people using their hands to drill it. :brain:

1 Like

Thats the material I went for.

2 Likes

Yes, looks ridiculously closed to me. Especially when I think about things like Audeze fazor or hifiman round magnets claims to improve the sound by blocking the air movement in the least possible way. MX500 just don’t care, blocks almost the entire driver and still sounds awesome.

Qian39 looks so open in comparison. would assume that’s always better.

That type does exist, although more rare.

Tried them, but they dont seem to be more “open” or anything, which, yeah is strange.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the mesh actually decreases sound staging. There are quite a few non planar headphones that use materials and acoustics lenses to channel sound in the ear at different angles.

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s because it doesn’t direct the sound into the ear in a specific way. It just all goes in. Don’t know for sure though.

2 Likes

How much will it be? If the shell is slightly smaller than MX500, that would fit me well!

1 Like

No clue, yet. As I dont even know if they sound good (for me). :pray:

yeah, they are. Val sent me one of his prototypes with this shell before and they fit very well and are very comfortable. Second only to the real Qian39 which is even smaller.

1 Like

I see. Sorry to press, but will it be in the ballpark of your Rider series, so 50euros, or Grand Rider, 100 euros? And you’re just gauging interest not actual pre-orders?

I wont know before I find out if they sound good or not. It wont be lower than 50 at least.

Yeah, just gauging interest so I get an idea on how many I needed to order. (went with 30 pairs, I expect 5-10 of them will be used for R&D at least.)

1 Like

Any experience with the Qian69? Sound-wise or shell-wise?

I dont have it. Seems to be gone now though.

That shell is unique to it afaik.