RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Yes, PM me if u are interested.

Information is over here:

Val39 vs MX500 shell

1 Like

L-shaped; Closest tonality to the Berserker 2 with cleaner bass, similar mids, and warmer treble. A lot wider stage and a bit deeper with better timbre. Great for R&B, Hip-Hop, Metal/Rock

Contact me if you are interested, 4 pairs can be made right away.

4 Likes

Hi Riku, back with another question - just starting to get the idea of maybe trying a DIY IEM, started checking out biocellulose drivers on Ali as a start, and it occurred to me… it would be a complete waste of time without a measuring rig wouldn’t it?

a) Because I’d have to buy a bunch of drivers and match the closest pair to start with, rather than trusting Ali drivers to be consistent off the bat

b) To make sure that each tuning adjustment affects each side equally after that point

That alone makes this an expense (yet alone time) investment I wouldn’t want to go in for…

I also feel like if I ever do get a 711 rig it will have been a waste of the dozens and dozens of IEMs I could have entered in by now. :weary:

I really dont think DIY iems is worth it. If you want to fiddle with iems, just buy chifi and mod it. Its better and cheaper.

Here is my one and only DIY iem I made.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Dayum! I want it so much but I can’t keep buying great gear!

1 Like

Gonna have a very fun weekend.

8 Likes

Woaw, what is all of it?

looks like all the parts needed to build earbuds

I can see that :laughing:

PK drivers (14.8mm), Audio Technica 16mm drivers and some 15.4mm drivers.
Along with a big pile of tuning materials + cable.

2 Likes

What kind of shell takes 16mm drivers?

Sony MDR-E888 clone (not 1:1, has some changes).

Neutral; Well textured bass with a very small elevation, vocals are very balanced between warmth and bright and neutral, treble is very smooth and has air, current stage king (balanced with great width and depth) and excellent timbre (Successor to the Grand Rider 1)

(Grand Rider 1 is officially discontinued.)

8 Likes

Opps. Deleted message.

14.8mm PK R&D

4 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku do you recommend anything nice/not available elsewhere/cheaper audio to be bought from Amazon.co.jp? I am buying ridiculously expensive cable for Sony NW/ZX DAP to be used as a transport with this suckass WM connector and while I am there I think I may put something more to save on shipping twice.

Spiral Dots may be one of that

Elecom spare ear caps. The cap-10 is wider bore, the cap-20 are narrow bore and only come in individual sizes. But they’re under $3 a pair. I love them for general listening

1 Like

black or white or it does not matter? I am also buying radial deep mounts and Spinfit W1 apparently