🔷 RME ADI-2 DAC

I would agree that the amp is better than the magni 3, and would also agree that it’s an audiophile focused device. The features on there wouldn’t really be used in a studio. And the fit and finish is kinda consumer oriented

FYI: new YT vid from RME re ADI-2 series of products. summarizes the many firmware enhancements over past three years:

2 Likes

FYI, its hardware is being slightly upgraded: https://darko.audio/2019/12/rme-quietly-update-their-adi-2-dac/

I personally absolutely love mine. Bought it for the utility and future expansion (and SA!) and was not disappointed. If anything doesn’t sound right, well, that’s what the EQ is for.

2 Likes

It’s also getting a new remote which will be available for purchase for version 1 owners.

4 Likes

need a reson not to pull the trigger for the v2 - please

1 Like

Well it still costs 1100 dollars…
Do you need a new DAC or it’s fancy features?

1 Like

Do I need it no… Do I Want it yes… Yes I do! Give it to me!
So is there any way to know what version you are ordering?

1 Like

This is the least problem
I simply go to one of the shops and I know which I like the most
Touch it, listen to it and pay it with killing my other 2 plans. The Ananda or the Aoelos
Got now after today not 1k… got 1.5k € to play…
hmmm

1 Like

want it
don’t need it
Thogh wake up and think about it and thru the day…

1 Like

The new manual for the FS version if you odd like me and want to read the whole thing again to see what changed! :stuck_out_tongue:
Firmware 2.2
Mac

Windows

1 Like

Do the line outs on the back have volume control through the unit? Interested in using this with powered monitors.

1 Like

I think you can configure them to be in software

From the manual:

2 Likes

Yes
Source: me

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it!

Hey so I wonder if anyone have paired the Rme whit smsl sp200 and if is a good combo?

It’s alright, but imo unless you need the power I think you would be better off just using the internal amp in the adi2. I think if you wanted to upgrade amps, getting something like a rupert neve rnhp or cayin iha 6 would be a fair bit better choices imo

Okay thanks I have the Smsl and was thinking of buying the RME so it a better amp?

I would say the sp200 is similar tier to the adi 2 dac fs amp wise.

I use the RME ADI 2 DAC (4493) with the THX AAA 789.
Had the 789 before the RME and kept it. I also use another DAC(ifi xDSD) with a nice Burr Brown implementation, connected to the THX . This second DAC(actually it is a mobile DAC/AMP)needs a bit more power with some headphones. So it still makes somehow sense to not sell the 789. For now. Will update later or add another AMP with more “fun” sound.

There is no need for the THX, if you just use the RME as standalone DAC/AMP- in my humble opinion.

I would pair the RME with a tube hybrid or OTL tube AMP- makes more sense. Which one is dependent on the headphones one uses or plans to add later

4 Likes