Roast our setups

I fail to see anything wrong with this.

Edit:
Is this a DMX controller?

Roast:
-“I do music for a living”
-“Oh, it must pay well”
-“…yeah…”
(I’m in the same situation right now. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Roast:
“I’m at least 70 years old.” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have the micro’s on my desk at work… Cheap looking so no one even notices… Sound fantastic… They image and sound stage so well…virtually disappear. The bass is comical.

1 Like

There is a fairly massive difference between my set up at my folks place while Im here (thank you, COVID), and back at my dorm

So, does this include stuff not quite HiFi-related? Because I have something surely worthy of some ridicule:

This is how I unlocked 100% of the achievements in XBox Fitness, a kinect-enabled exercise game:

To give credit where it’s due, the tube-man was the brainchild of my friend Paul, who was one of the leading achievement hunters for kinect games. But it was my idea to pack it in a suitcase, fly it to Denver and run it out of my hotel room all week while I was traveling for work. :rofl:

Gaming setup is an XBox One S in a GAEMS Vanguard “Personal Gaming Environment,” the Kinect camera, and of course the wacky, waving, inflatable tube-man whom I named Tubey Determined for crushing the achievements in this game.

9 Likes

I just imagine someone opening the door to clean the room and being greeted with… that. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Oh Matzipan no, no no. Sell all the headphones you have. And get a Sundara at least. The HE4xx won the awards for dullest headphone. I’ll even donate. Sundara’s, please.

Somebody get this man some formica! Quick!

cough @M0N cough

1 Like

I’ll take the Roast from Zeos if he would do them.
Could be live stream or youtube material, zeos saying zeos from others setups.

Tough. Some might get offended so might be bad for everyone.

yes i have a dmx dimmer for the lights in the room

1 Like

PC or TV into
Dac SMSL SU8s
CD player Marantz CD4000 running digital coax to dac
Headphone amp Topping A90D
Wharfedale Evo 4.2
Speaker amp running balanced from the dac - Crown XLS 1502 pass at 47.5hz
Emotiva SE 12 crossover at 50 or so hz (running rca from SMSL)

Headphones : HD6xx, Emotiva GR1, Drop H4xx, Sennheiser HD25, HD280 pro, Beyerdynamic DT770pro, Philipps 9500…
A shitload of chifi in ears and a few cool ones (Blon Blo3, Tin T2, Shure SE215, Moondrop forget ref)
Bluetooth headphone and earphone… Anker Life Q30 (mostly used at work), Final ZE 3000

I got a separate setup for music (I play guitar) with Yamaha HS8, a separate budget one in the bedroom mostly used for movies with SMSL AO200 (Emotiva B1+ and Jamo s808 sub under the bed).

1 Like