🔷 RØDE NTH-100 Studio Headphone

I expect NTH100 is very different compared to 7506. 7506 has one job and one job only: find fault in your audio recording. They are not so good at everything else. I suspect NTH100 can do more than that.

1 Like

Well aware of that its why i have them :smiley:
and it will taken into account

2 Likes

Day 2 Impressions.

Comfort. Bit of discomfort on the back of my glasses alright. Tends to necessitate a bit of a rest after an hour or two (May get used to it).

Sound. I would quite like to temper my initial impressions. Very much benefits from EQ. While it is passable (?) as is, there are issues which prevent it from being great (good?) (or at least what I would consider great (good?)) from a consumption of music perspective.

Have a bit of a WIP EQ going, which already makes a big difference. There is a good amount of positive gain required in the treble, for me the bass generally would be somewhat reduced overall, and flattened.

Aye I can see this but the set’s supposed to be for studio/mixing use etc and not pitched towards “Audiophiles” so :man_shrugging:

Yeah I know, that’s why I said it. So I can’t really comment on it’s suitability for that. All I know is that its an audio transducer I can use for music, and can make more suitable for that with EQ.

1 Like

So i sat down and did a head-to-head between the AKG 361 and RØDE NTH-100
listening to 10 totally random songs on the IFI zen dac + IFI zen can, first listening on the AKG 361 then working my way back on the playlist with the NHT-100.

At the end of the day, 85% of the time i still prefer the AKG 361, the NHT-100 is good but not as good in terms of sound as the 361. The 361 is more energetic, more resolving and clearer, but that is also somewhat expected of a monitoring headphone

I have a sneaking suspicion that part of what’s holding back the NHT-100 are the pads, while AKG’s pads arent anything to write home about the NHT-100’s pads are much thinker and denser, also the gel itself might be part of the equation

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Little design things that i just noticed on the NTH-100

• on the right ear cup - where the wire goes into the cup there is a small red ring - making it easier to spot right/left even looking from the front at a distance.
  • The letters L and R are written in braille on each cup at the top (3 vertical dots on the left, and a “tetris” shape on the right)
3 Likes

Had any time comparing it to the SV021 yet? I’m not really sure why Zeos compared them so directly, so I’m curious to hear more details.

I received my pair of these yesterday. I have various cheaper, lower-end headphones to compare with - original Grado SR80, Sennhiser 280 Pro, HyperX Cloud II and Anker Soundcore Q20.

My immediate impression was all love, then within 30 seconds or so felt that the left/right was a bit off-balance or out of phase. I spent a solid hour swapping between all of my headphones, making sure the cable was snug and tightly in the Rode’s, but I can’t help but sense that the left ear cup is either out of phase or “off” by a slim margin. “Centered” audio sounds slightly to the right.

I’ve made sure my Mac is center balanced and I tried two other smartphones to reconfirm.

Has anyone else experienced this or seen anything similar in reviews? Is there maybe just a break-in period?

Purchased from Best Buy so returning is easy enough.

1 Like

Welcome to Hifiguides
stopper
The 2nd jack is closed with the rubber? It is part of the tuning, without it they sound different.

1 Like

Yup - that was it. My bad for not digging through the manual. Thanks!

At the least, impressed that my ear holes still work.

1 Like

Same here. They seem to have totally different uses beyond the same $150 price tag. Studio reference headphones with a neutral sound signature aren’t what the Sivga is trying to achieve, or a good point of comparison.

1 Like

Hey guys has anyone compared them to the sivga sv006 on a zen can?

Iv’e got the OG 006, hopefully ill get to compare them and the Sv0021 later today

1 Like

What is the difference between OG and the other version? Cause I don’t know which one mine are…damn

2020 / 2021 i think is it when it came out, was the case it came with grey fabric or black?