Rumors and new releases thread

The most affordable Softears IEM. Wonder how it compares against the B2D.

Intriguing, but i’m going to wait on the reviews. I own the iPhone 12 Pro and I use that mag safe wallet and the magnets in it isn’t all that great. Sometimes it’ll partially slip off when I pull my phone out of my pocket.

Has anyone purchased the Topping NX7 Portable Amplifier ? If so curious to hear what people think of it. I saw a short video from Josh Valour. I felt the same way he did about it not being a DAC/Amp. He says no noise floor, and very neutral.

I was sort of expecting it would be a popular item here, since it has serious power, fantastic specs, and loads of battery life. I tend to like neutral amps, and let the headphones and IEMs do coloring, so it might a good choice.

1 Like

I believe @nymz has bought it (obviously).

It looks like a great device truly, but lack of inbuilt DAC make the use case limited in my opinion (I know, CX-Pro, apple dongle etc).
For same price you have mini desktop single ended 1W combo Topping DX3Pro+ (they have worst naming convention along with Sony, IFI and Hifiman) with plenty of inputs including BT that measures amazingly. And it is clean setup.
NX7 is as portable as such large devices could be and using it stationary seem like a waste of battery.

3 Likes

It’s my EDC atm (I’m getting IFI Gryphon soon), and as been for almost a month.

It’s a freaking beast. Clean as clean can get. Basicly a topping amp… but portable. Batery is great too.
It pairs really well with my RSV for example, since it’s VERY clinical, low OI (<0.1ohm) and 1.4w. Oh, and did I say negative gain already for sensible iems?

Lack of DAC is a con, but easy surpasseable.

1 Like
1 Like

Altiat Cal.1H (Aumkar Chandan — founder of Kaldas Research — opened a second company called Altiat). This is an open-back with a 50mm dynamic driver inside. Imo this has the potential to be the best-looking headphone on the market. Finally some color!

$399 base price

DSC01996_1024x1024.jpg

DSC01995_1024x1024.jpg

DSC01998_1024x1024.jpg

DSC01994_1024x1024.jpg

DSC01993_1024x1024.jpg

DSC01997_1024x1024.jpg

3_1024x1024.jpg

DSC03646_2_1024x1024.jpg

Personal favorites: orange & blue

Never have been a blue guy, but this blue is so damn good

9 Likes

Feels really good to be finally able to share this with everyone.

I mean, it looks nice, and well designed. I’m curious as to comfort and performance

1 Like

these look slick :ok_hand:

1 Like

I hope comfort it top-notch because I plan to use these a lot. That is, if customs aren’t assholes. Was supposed to get the Apos Caspian, but customs rejected original documentation and literally didn’t allow me to pay the customs fees :’)
That’s Serbia for you.

Regardless, I am really looking forward to these. For me, it’s a dream come true, but I’ll save that story for another time.

3 Likes

Very excited to learn (and hear) more on these.

1 Like

Tanchjim Vast dac/amp…

2 Likes

It looks interesting… but holy crap… $1900?

1 Like

Interesting. Looks good inside. They appear to be using really nice components. It’s a little down on power, though. Especially at that price.

Looks like an AHB2 competitor. I hope it’s under 1500€

4 Likes

What on God’s acoustic earth:

72 drivers.

https://m.tb.cn/h.fkUUQkg?tk=u5Dq22laNtX

9 Likes

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What even…

2 Likes

is that price in Yen? if yes, it’s cheap 10000 yen = 77 €

it’s yuan, so it’s about 1200* euro, they use the same symbol, sometimes people put one line in one and two lines in the other to differentiate between the two

1 Like