Rumors and new releases thread

That pad shape… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

lot of people like the SV021 (call it the meze 99 killer) Aiva, and the 006
some of their other stuff has been hit or miss though

1 Like

supposed to be better for seals I don’t remember what people that reviewed thought of them other than being super comfy

Saw that this morning. $500 for a dynamic from Sivga, color me pessimistic lol.

1 Like

I personally thought the SV021 was awful but it was also really cheap. The Aiva was a planar at least but still pretty mediocre for the price (I guess at the time it was a little more competitive, but still nothing all that special). If the SV021 was $500 people would definitely not have given it the slack it got. Making a $500 open back dynamic, you’re basically competing with like an Elex, DT1990, ATH-AD1000x, K712 Pro and I just have a hard time believing that Sivga/Sendy is going to slap a coating on a driver and dremel a hole in the back of their cups and somehow make up $375 worth of improvement over the SV021 to justify the pricetag. I mean, I’d love to be wrong, but if it’s gonna happen, I really doubt they’re gonna be the ones do shake up that price point for dynamics, let alone compete.

1 Like

Agree and I honestly wouldnt trust the “reviews” that are praising it when Sivga where trying to censor bad reviews!

And they tried it on me as well.

Sivga:

Me:

Sivga:

7 Likes

ASR has good credibility for headphone reviews? Now I’ve heard it all…

5 Likes

The Phoenix is pretty good, I picked up a pair last week, I’d say there kinda open back - not a lot of sound outside. The pad shape works surprisingly well but I would recommend the thicker pads.

Some pretty shady stuff by them.

They also blacklisted me after I gave the SV021 a negative review with constructive criticism. It just further proves that such manufactures tend to drive a fake narrative and lean on reviewers who almost always guarantee a positive review (khm khm Zeos). I aim to stay as professional as possible, so I would be okay with looking past that and just focusing on the product and rating its sound performance. It’s like, hey, you’ve got some controversy overshadowing your product, but I will look past that to actually give the people an honest review that tells them how I judge and rate it.

As a writer, I’m not going to chase after any company, but I hate dishonesty, lies, and bullsh*t. That’s why I love iBasso — no matter what, the company always pushes you to write an honest review. They are not asking for sugar coating, they are not going to blackmail you after you post a negative review (I assume.), and they are always transparent about their products =)
iBasso is one among only a few of manufacturers that are like this.

@Rikudou_Goku that makes two of us agree that even with all the hype bs behind the SV021 (no disrespect to anyone’s experience, it’s just my opinion), the SV021 is crap… and that Sivga has turned its back on the people that made the company and started focusing on $ and pushing false reviews from, like you said, non credible people. People that we, with a tiny bit more experience, have every valid reason to judge and doubt.

5 Likes

Wow, that is wild! “Don’t post your review” and “Please reflect the price in your review”.

I never thought any of their headphones were good enough to buy, although I was always curious. But this gives me an even darker view of their gear.

8 Likes

Also had the 21 and yep, they’re awful

2 Likes

Okay, so I’m very happy and relieved to hear that I’m not the only one who found those headphones absolutely disgusting!

Also, to clarify my previous post, I am not saying that I created their company, instead, I was referring to the people who supported them from early on. Now it seems as though they have gone the dark path of betraying their customers and instead focusing on pushing a fake narrative through reviewers who will do anything for $.

Sivga and Sendy lost all respect in my eyes. I cannot comment on their upper end models (from either company), but I can say I lost respect for them as a company (referring to integrity!).

1 Like

Hmmm. Too bad they decided to address the market in this manner. The Phoenix is a very niche tuning, but all in all they are not a bad headphone at all. They are being used daily here and do well. That said, do they compete with the Elegia I am on now? No. Not even close. And something told me not to mess with the planar or the SV021 for that matter. Seemingly variations on the theme. I never did buy into the Peacock, either. Decent build now that the cups are fixed, materials are nice, but they just don’t wow me. Especially for the price point. But a nice effort.

Then you read about shady conduct. Too bad.

1 Like

Took quite some time until hifiman announces them

3 Likes

No product exists in a bubble. So taking the company behind it and other products in the same category into consideration is very important.

3 Likes

To all EDM lovers, you can now stream mobile from beatport.com.

There’s a 30 day trial available. The app is a little bare bones compared to Tidal or Spotify and the streams are only 128 kbs AAC (still better than 128 kbs MP3).

What I love are the well curated editor playlist, the DJ mixes, easy playlist creation and the killer feature: wave form display.

1 Like

I know that KZ isn’t everyone’s favorite around here after the whole drivers issue. This is a single DD, avoiding the problem, and priced at $32. The graph looked interesting, and it immediately reminded me of the ZS10 Pro with the first two peaks tamped down. I was shocked at how close my memory was on that the treble graph. It clearly added a bit more bass, which is usually a win. Ian said it has a wide sound stage, which would be a nice addition, and I think the extra peaks around 8 and 10k tend to help that.

2 Likes

Have any of you guys seen this thing yet? Custom-made headphone from some folks at SBAF.

There seems to be exactly one review in the world so far: ETA Mini Closed Impressions and Reviews | Super Best Audio Friends

However, there’s also an open-back version which has more reviews: ETA Mini Impressions and Reviews Thread | Super Best Audio Friends

With people talking about it resembling Focal headphones.

250 grams (a big deal for me, since I’m weight sensitive), warmish tuning, closed back, over-ear, 32 ohms, $400. The open back is on-ear and $300.

Intriguing to say the least.

4 Likes

The guy has gone through a few generations. I have been following them off and on. Looks interesting and he is aiming for pretty affordable.

1 Like

The 99’s were one of the first cans I bought, and I personally can’t stand them, the mid bass is obnoxious