Rumors and new releases thread

New version of the Playmate 2, in pre-order shipping beginning Dec 10. Really like the Burson industrial aesthetic. Bad moment for my wallet, but I am curious about it.

Not dissimilar from my Music Server

2 Likes

Now, this is a stack! And from what they’re showing maybe you can make it a vertical or horizontal one! =P

Also, this case is made by you or you can buy/download files somewhere? I really like it.

It’s literally just a 1tb lacie hard drive I connect to my computer that stores all my music.

They’re quite old so no longer available it seems

didn’t reply to the poster properly…

why Lacie? are you Mac cause they’re cost is outrageous…more so than even Apple I’d say!

Yep I’m Mac, it was a hand-me-down so it was free. I’m starting to own quite a bit of music though so I might have to get an ssd soonish

lots of storage and SSD can never go into the same sentence is ‘affordability’ is needed, LoL!

I’d say get a nice NAS from the likes of TerraMaster.

perhaps, but I want to get something portable as well as I move about a lot from lecture/library/halls etc

ahhh…so you need to get a DAP with serious storage capacity. that’s gonna be costly!

yep aha. I have 512gb on my QP2R at the moment but that’s going to run out soon so I’ll need to upgrade to 1tb on that fml

indeed. looks like a 1TB microSD goes for about $300 right now.

5 Likes

Remember when 256GB was just out for 140 or so?
Took 3 months to go down to 40

1 Like

Ram and solid state storage fluctuates a lot. I feel like i need to watch the markets to get a good deal

1 Like

remember when 60gb SSDs were $200?

3 Likes

I remember spending more than that on a 20 gig (That’s Twenty) spinner hard drive… Seagate or Maxtor… been a few years…Many on here will remember higher $$ for less storage.

2 Likes

Yup. I believe I already paid 60$ for a 256 megabyte CF card too.

And recently, I paid 60$ for a 256gb microSD.

This is making me feel old. I remember being excited getting hard drives that measured in the MB range.

3 Likes

Don’t know more details, but Alex Rosson said collaboration between Rosson Audio and Rupert Neve is on the way. The two companies do some great stuff so I’m curious to see what pops out.

(info out of Alex Rosson interview with Andrew/Resolve)