Rumors and new releases thread

Time to let my FH3 go, or should I wait?

Audeze CRBN just officially dropped. Review and interview with CEO on headfi YT channel.

TL;DR

• 300g
  • competes with 009
  • $4500
  • STAX pro bias (580v)
  • very flat very well extended bass

No mention of slam or timbre yet (my main two concerns with any estat)

5 Likes

Wooooah. $4500?? I was not expecting that.

I mean, sure, they have the right to charge that much because of the technology.

Why not? Tbh thats just how much totl cans go for now… I fully expect the LCD5 to be around that price when they eventually drop it (assuming its in yhe next year or so) as well

2 Likes

TForce Audio releases it’s first single DD IEM, Yuan Li with 10mm dlc diaphragm dynamic driver.

1 Like

Such a bold claim, with no apparently new approaches in material/tech. Let’s pray for a tuning wizard, I’d love this to succeed.

1 Like

Is this regarding the Audeze CRBN?

On mobile I must click the wrong reply button often! This was meant to be a specific reply to the TForce IEM. Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

I’m on a laptop, and even then sometimes the “replying to” icon isn’t shown. That’s why I was genuinely wondering whether it was related to the CRBN’s or the TForce’s IEMs.

It’s standard marketing. To be honest, we see a lot of similar and same stuff in the IEM industry. Especially in the $200-$500 price range.

has anyone heard the Burson Funk? They make some big claims for the speaker amp part for it (45W AB class in a tiny package)

The emotiva a-100 is fine but I could always go for something smaller and less “black box”.

Kennerton/Apos Caspian headphone…

5 Likes

Why does something tell me this is going to be expensive AF?

2 Likes

Hm… These look like ~$300 cans. $500 max.

I mean the build quality (leather) and accessories do look premium, but the headphone as a whole looks more basic, so let’s hope it has a softer price tag.

Let us hope. Though given how it looks like they mimicked HAC with their Flow line (minus the modularity) and jacked up the prices… I’m not terribly confident

2 Likes

Only question i have is why they use alu core wire for a premium HP?

1 Like

This is something I’m kinda excited for. Let’s hope it’s at least under $1000 knocks on wood

The concept is quite interesting

2 Likes

Kennerton 50mm driver is great. Can confirm. Will be interesting to see how it turns out in this application. My guess is this lands in the $600-$800 range.

3 Likes

Apos Caspian looks like it carries the same cups and driver as the Vali. but with a different headband and an Apos branded faceplate.

Edit: and different pads.

2 Likes
9 Likes