Rumors and new releases thread

I believe it has a button that enables some sort of specific 6xx mode.

2 Likes

This is an IFI description of head-fi:

iFi audio ZEN CAN Signature 6XX features a (bypassable) high fidelity active EQ synergistic with the amplification circuit itself to tailor the sound of the amp to the characteristics of the popular Sennheiser HD6XX (also suitable for the Drop HD58X and the regular HD580 / 600 / 650 / 800S) to bring out the best in them, plus a (bypassable) highly realistic analog spatializer for transforming your headphones into a spacious home HiFi listening environment.

lots of undefinable terminology/ phraseology there. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So in English, my best interpretation is: basically a chameleon EQ that can be bypassed and seems good for the following XYZ lol and its got a cross-feed circuit built in that can be bypassed too(AKA not digital) so yea, lol thats the most sense I can make out of the “flowery” description.

So sort of a custom Xbass circuit then?

and a 3D button too🤔

was digging around and then stumbled upon this from over in sweden.

appears we have a release date over here for the fidelio x3 as well as a price range.

However, someone recently reached out to philips asking about the x3 and it’s release date… this was their response

"Hi XXXX,

Sorry for the late reply, we’ve been ridiculously busy during this outbreak.

To answer your question: Anywhere that still has it! The X3 is unfortunately no longer being produced, so all we can advise is to search online to see if any stores even have it to begin with.

Sorry to have to disappoint, but have a great day!

Kind regards, Max Philips Audio"

To add some context, I also contacted a local distributor who told me the same thing, so I confirmed with Philips.

^ doubt this is accurate considering how that was worded

also another site

over here in dutch

so the unreleased X3 is already discontinued?

No idea thats some mixed signals there. Sites have it showing up with a price tag and estimated release in august but apparently someone reached out and they mentioned they discontinued it. Not sure if thats accurate. I think I will reach out to philips personally and ask on that one.

Gonna be upset if they cancelled it

Probably mistranslation. It’s first batch or first few is probably done and they won’t make any more for a bit. But then again Phillips has started and stopped production for the x1 x2 and 9500s several times

I just shot them an email asking about it. Hope they get back to me on that one soon for some clarification

Yeah it seems weird as they also updated their manual on the Philips website in the last 30 days.

Manuals & Documentation

• Leaflet Version:4.1.5, PDF file, 345.8 kB, published June 12, 2020

a couple sites stating release is next month too… if it isn’t cancelled guess theres good news for next month

Can now confirm that no, fidelio x3 is not discontinued. Though they had no comment on the potential release date as of this time. Sites are stating august but I assume that may be a placeholder

4 Likes

that’s good news…but again, why all the excitement? I know they’re good for their price, but the X2 aren’t talked up much here. seems they’re quickly outclassed with just a bit more added to the budget.

I thought the X2`s were okay for $99.00, but am shocked at the following they have. I heard so much noise that I bought a pair at Christmas time. Sold them a few weeks later.

2 Likes

well, u are pickier than most… :wink:

1 Like

or those who enjoy the idea of a bassy open back but didnt like the muddiness the x2 had the x3 isa interesting prospect as if could take that sound sig and add more control to it

2 Likes

add more control? are you speaking of EQ’ing them?

Well sorta. You can eq them and be more flat. It you can just re develop a driver that is fast enough to be controlled and not muddy. It can get bassy when the song demands it.