Rumors and new releases thread

Gustard released the X18 with it’s own dedicated Accusilicon clocks and it’s priced at $750. Doesn’t look too bad, honestly.

:eyes:

Interesting… now that I can appreciate this… may have to try this out at some point

1 Like

How good are the Ess 9038 chip?

i’m hesitant because i really love the x16 for it’s bass but i think it’s partially because it’s accidentally elevated due to bad accuracy in the bass and sub bass and i’m scared i’ll lose that lol.

2 Likes

Don’t think anyone mentioned it yet. A new MU-601 DAC from XDuoo. Might be a good pair with MT-601 or MT-602.

I came close on 11.11
Thought I had posted about this before. Gotta love a DAC with a big front toggle switch. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Am I the only one confused by the front USB-C?

They LOVE their front inputs.
Fun that it is there, but concerned how the functionality might work.
I believe on the MT-602 it doesn’t mute the rear RCA inputs when you add input via front 3.5mm, rather “combines”. Not sure how this one works. A good Z Reviews candidate.

Confirmed

1 Like

Got an email from campfire about something dropping next week.

3 Likes

Drop has released the Drop x Grell TWS1X for $199
Allegedly, there isn’t supposed to be much if anything different over the TWS1 beyond color change.
A few comments from their community manager on Drop for those interested:

New community manager for grell audio here! Good question. The TWS/1 supports Bluetooth 5.2 with the Qualcomm 5141 chipset; Qualcomm has announced Multipoint connectivity for this chipset, but they haven’t implemented it (yet?).

In response to this comment:

Crinacle graphed these and gave his impressions. https://youtube.com/watch?v=AALj3xbYkdc&t=10m34s

This was his response:

The pre-production units were personally inspected by Axel Grell before sending them to Drop, but there was a firmware update before Drop sent them to reviewers. The release firmware should address this.
Also, I’m looking forward to exploring the SoundID app. This was developed by Sonarworks, but deeply integrated with the grell TWS/1. Instead of an EQ Preset, there is a quiz that is designed to reveal how your ears hear in-ear headphones (because everyone is unique!) and then personalize a tuning profile to you… and then the profile can be saved into the earpieces so they work with any Bluetooth audio source.

• Bluetooth codecs supported: AAC, aptX HD, LDAC, LHDC
2 Likes

@tkddans do you know anything about this?

4 Likes

I love that we’ve just collectively decided new products need waifus. I’d love to see this matriculate up market to the point where the box that $5k+ 2Ch speakers come in have huge anime girls on the side.

1 Like

Is the waifu simply the SeeAudio part or is that a clue to the YouTuber?

The waifu is SeeAudio´s mascot. But I believe the youtube logo and the glasses are hints to Crinacle.

1 Like

Could that “coming soon” font be a hint? The glasses look rather like crinacle’s than dan’s, but that would be 2 collabs back to back for crinacle… possible… but than again… there are rumors about some kind of dan collab…

Crinacle has two other Projects in his Database aside from the Eclipse: Project Midnight and Project CRN:

Both look really nice.

I love my SeeAudio Bravery. I’d get their new IEM either way. But, If this is really a Collab with Crin, then it‘s no question. Would be really cool.

I‘m pretty much convinced it‘s a Collab with Crin, and it is Project Midnight.

She has his signature glasses, her top says YouTube, and there are lots of FR Graphs in the Background. In Addition, SeeAudio posted hint pictures on their FB Site.

One Picture is of a full moon among clouds, and the other is a time of 00:00:00. The time is quite literally Midnight, and the Moon picture also stands in correlation with Midnight.

Now, what are your Bets. Hybrid? Tribrid? Single DD? Multi BA?

I‘d personally hope for a Tribrid.

2 Likes

Yeah, that graph in his database is pretty convincing. So doesn’t just do 2 collabs back to back with the Eclipse, but a third one is coming.

I think Crinacle said once in an AMA (after the dawn and dusk had released), that if he does another collab, he would like to do something reasonable budget or something very highend. Of course it could be that this will only remain a wish of his… still I am curious to see what the Midnight and the CRN have to offer.

1 Like

It ain’t me. Wish I could say it was :slight_smile:

1 Like