Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

Is the Hagerman a good compliment to the RNHP?

(I may have asked you already, so I apologize in advance if I have)

These stand out to me

1 Like

The 3x is pretty nice, I would consider that as well (although slightly warmer leaning if that bothers you lol)

The Eddie Current’s don’t turn up used much, and at this point they are all highly desired.
A lot of people swear by the V281 as one of the best SS amps.

1 Like

Yes in his case I was thinking the v281, super 7, and nimbus if he could squeeze it in lol would be the top picks for a totl headphone amp (within reason)

2 Likes

the Super7’s used to be pretty cheap, and that’s still a good price if it’s Canadian $.
Almost any of the other EC’s would be 2K+ US.

If you can find one for sale that is lol

1 Like

Yes it’s like saying a DNA Stratus is about $2500 used, I think I’ve only ever seen one listed.
So it’s price is whatever the owner wants and someone is willing to pay.

Might I suggest maple tree audio tube headphone amps. Their stuff is pretty highly rated and is made in and ships from canada.

Also affordable

Thanks, Poly and M0N, for the great feedback! After doing a bit of research, I’m inclined to reluctantly rule out the Violectrics and the Super-7, if only because of their sheer size/weight. And rule out the Niimbus until I have lots more experience.

But the Super-7 is being sold locally, which is a rare thing, so I could probably try before buying. Problem is, it seems to be a bit of a DIY special. Far from mint condition (missing screws, dead light) and with the op amps replaced by the original owner. If a part failed and it went dead, I’d be at a total loss to do anything about it, not being a hands-on type. So don’t quite have this option sorted out yet.

1 Like

Thanks! Totally forgot about this option. Would love to buy Canadian. Not seeing prices on their web site – do you have a ballpark figure? And are we talking RNHP goodness or better?

https://hollowstate.netfirms.com/prices.htm

So here is the thing, I wouldn’t suggest a tube if you want to go for the clear imo, I would first decide on what headphones you want to pursue and what sonic goals you have. You kinda want to figure out headphones and preferred sound before you go for an amp

1 Like

The prices are listed when you click the far lef tube at the top of the sight page
They list their prices in usd
OD 300 OCTAL DUO - 930
MELLOW BOY OCTAL DUO - 900 - new model
SIDEWINDER - 820
Ear+HD - 800
Viper OTL - 750

1 Like

I agree. It’s why I’m considering the 1990 pro and the 600 ohm beyers you recommend as dedicated tube cans

1 Like

Oh and the ath r70x

Yeah they tube pretty well. Other headphones that tube very well: mostly any senn, the aeolus and verite, adx5000, ndh20, most grado if your amp has a low z out

2 Likes

I’ll keep an eye out for them except the grado which I’m eh on

Also for beyer the t1 mk2 does well on a tube too I think

1 Like

They don’t have MON, the champion and promoter of the RNHP. :grin:

1 Like

Nothing cheap about you! :slight_smile: