S8F or EX800ST (Sony MDR-7550)

Btw - will the S8F & btr5 be good at pulling audio details from streaming platforms like Spotify or YouTube music? And what about the SF8 without any DAC/amp?

If youā€™re set on Fearless and require detail then youā€™re better off with the S8 pro.

Forget all the mentioned above, get this instead!!!

I am curious about that, but the estat driver kinda worries me because they really never sound as well implemented as a balanced armature or dynamic

Ditto, hence why someone else needs to take the plunge in this group! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I volunteer someone else to be the guinea pig lol

2 Likes

hahah, considering this is my first $500 IEM purchase, i vote myself out also.

Looks like it has a DD BA and Estat driverā€¦ @M0N - you made it sound like Estat drivers donā€™t sound as good as BA/DD drivers, why is that?

so @Chocolate_Bear, youā€™ve never listened to the Mofasest trio?

@M0N @Corwin - how long did it take for your fearless to arrive? been couple days now since I ordered and no confirmation email or anythingā€¦

2 Likes

They are detailed and impressive, but they are harder to make coherent because you have to combine them with balanced armatures and the crossover design gets more difficult, so they tend to not sound natural.

I have demoed them multiple times but do not own them, if you are curious to see what I own check my profile

1 Like

Itā€™s fairly new, so I doubt an abundance of people have gotten their hands on it. Itā€™s intriguing, but like M0N stated, that estat is the real question mark in the whole thing. My guess is that the estat would affect the higher ranges potentially having the thing sound tinny, shouty, and unnatural. Itā€™s such a odd pairing hybrid and I pretty much gravitate to weird stuff. Check out the Geekfly GF8 if you want some $100 weirdness.

The hybrid BA/DD is really my happy place, but I need to venture out to see what else is out there. However, the Trio is near the top of my list of things to buy this year in that price range. If youā€™re curious, my $500 list include, the Trio, Fearless S8 Pro/S8F (really curious about the sonion drivers), Empire Ears Bravado, Campfire Solaris V2, Noble Audio M3 (weird hybrid DD), and whatever else that Chi-Fi wants to throw at me in the next few months. Iā€™m in this weird V-shape kick and Iā€™m just ready for some bass to punch me in the face.

weird in what way?

the s8f are BA drivers only but they made ur list, nice. i was debating FH7 due to the hybrid BA/DD, but overall it seemed S8F had strong enough bass to make up for it - and they received more positive reviews.

haha, pretty sure I prefer V-shape alsoā€¦ because the s8f are going to be my first true good IEMs, i donā€™t have much experience in knowing the type i prefer more, but considering i listen to EDM & hiphop most commonly, i think its a safe bet.

The Geekfly is a 3-driver hybrid TWS earphone (BA, DD, and a Piezoelectric). You have the ability to activate three different combinations of listening modes. It sounds interesting, but I have a bad feeling this thing is going to fail in just a few months of owning. Great concept, but Iā€™ll wait for more infoā€¦

photo_2020-01-16_22-46-24_2 photo_2020-01-16_22-46-25 photo_2020-01-16_22-46-25_2

2 Likes

Hey Oceans! I ordered mine on 11/11 last year and received them a month later. I did order a custom color and was told that was a two week process and then shipping to Eastern US took some time. Felt like forever but really not too bad. Was worth it!

1 Like

How were you able to choose the color? Did you send you an email with the different options, etc? And how soon after ordering did you receive that email? Iā€™m asking because itā€™s been about a week and Iā€™ve gotten nothing. Maybe thatā€™s normal

1 Like

Hey Oceans. Linsoul actually sent me an email an hour or so after I ordered asking me what color face plate. I chose the CIEM option when ordering and planned to email them my choice because there was no option to choose the color when ordering. They beat me to it emailing me right away. Was really cool actually. Iā€™d suggest emailing them ASAP with your choice and see what they say. I did not get a shipment notice and tracking number for just over two weeks. They told me it would take that long to make the faceplates/iems.

1 Like