Safe to wash pads?

Can you wash pads without completely ruining them? My harmomicdyne zeus pads are leaching dye to basically anything they touch, including my face. Leaves a ring of dye on my face every time I use them. Linsoul doesn’t seem to sell brand new zeus pads anymore. I’ve thought about getting aftermarket pads but I’m not sure what to buy to keep the stock sound. I also love how comfortable the stock pads are.

hand wash gently and for bad spots best to dab away until the mess is gone, don’t rub n smear.

Hot water and soap? Let them air dry? I’m mostly worried about ruining the foam as it’ll hold onto the water.

1 Like

Warm water at most and dish soap would be my suggestion. You want to be very gentle and let them air dry after you’re sure you’ve gotten all the soap out. Some pads survive better than others after washing.

1 Like

This is what I do for mine, but be very gentle with them. Sometimes pads can be taken apart(like meze’s 109 pro pads can for easy washing of the outside fabrics) but for the most part the process here is the same. Agreed let them air dry and absolutely 100% make sure they are properly rinsed but with time the pads washing with of course cause degradation… Velour and Suede pads are obviously going to gather all the dirt and grime so with pads like that you want to make sure you keep them cleaned up if possible.

1 Like

I’ve ran some pads through the washer without issue but ymmv (I let them air dry after)

Depends on the types of pads too, the material. It’s hard/impossible to know what material is used for the foam though IIRC memory foam does not like to be washed so those sorts of pads are best cleaned with a damp cloth. The biggest thing with regular foam would be mould, so make sure you squeeze most of the water out and let them air dry very well.
I would wipe down the Zeus pads with a cloth though, the suede, the foam, everything about them just screams ‘destruction’.

1 Like

This is what I do for just general upkeep, I haven’t really ran into the issue here with the memory foams outside of the low model beyerdynamics likely because the pads are of the cheaper materials.

It’s a good rule of thumb to regularly wipe down suede and velour

1 Like

my brain just had a random thought and imagined a woman in the driveway with a pressure washer cleaning out a…coff…pad…coff.