Schiit Audio Mjolnir 3

https://www.schiit.com/products/mjolnir-3

It has been a while since Schiit Audio released/sold any iteration of the Mjolnir, and the specs they are listing are impressive. As a Burson Soloist 3XP owner I am interested in seeing reviews comparing the Mjolnir 3 to the competition. If I lived on the west coast I would definitely go demo that unit with my Arya SE and SN v1. Anyone else curious about this product?

2 Likes

Pretty interested myself. I really hope it’s like the Asgard but much better, prefer if it’s not like the Jot lol. Will probably order one eventually to see how it is

1 Like

Eagerly awaiting your opinion/thoughts on this Amp.

1 Like

Don’t know how long it will be until I grab one, have to recover from some other recent audio purchases first lol. Will be curious what people end up feeling about it as well. Already know someone who ordered one on Sonus so will have to check with them

Edit: they already got it in lol
https://forum.sonusapparatus.com/t/schiit-headphone-amp-thread-asgard-jotunheim-lyr-magni-mjolnir/503/24

1 Like

The Mjolnir 3 makes me wonder if Schiit Audio will ever have a regular production model of a mid to high end headphone amplifier in their product stack again. Limited run units are nice and all, but by the time you can make an educated decision they are most likely gone. Their top end headphone amplifier is technically the Ragnarok.

2 Likes

Oh shit it’s limited? I’ll grab one while I still can lol. Will update here how it is when I get some time with it. A few users on sonus have gotten them in now and it seems pretty positive overall, have to try one before I miss out (like I did with their high end otl lol)

Which is weird since really more than a strict headphone amp, to me it’s really more designed as a do it all box for everything, and while that’s handy, I personally always felt it’s value was a bit questionable because of that unless you’re going to use it for both headphone and speakers equally

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but since they don’t have a higher end stand alone headphone amplifier on the regular the Ragnarok has become said higher end headphone amplifier. All their higher end headphone amplifiers of recent years have been limited runs. Hopefully this changes, but I understand that profit margins play a big part in this decision.

1 Like

Two units listed under B-Stock right now!