Schiit Eitr alternatives?

I recently purchased the Geshelli Labs Enog2 Pro to run on my work computer (Windows 10) into my JDS Labs O2 amp, but I need a USB to Coaxial converter like the Schiit Eitr. However, I would prefer something less expensive. Thoughts?

I found the following, but wondered if there are better options:

Or

Signstek HiFi USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter Convert

That stuff should work, but I don’t know it’s quality. You could use a topping d10 as a coax spdif out if you wanted to, but that would be more expensive

1 Like

Thanks for the response. If I used the D10, would its DAC color the sound and affect the Enog2?

I don’t believe so. The main benefit of buying a better usb to coax is typically because of better USB and spdif circuitry, and potentially USB drivers with more care put into them. I only suggested the d10 because I have personally used one before for that purpose and it works well. There are other options that should do the job for less.

I think this would be a good option

Douk Audio U2 USB Converter XMOS XU208 Digital Interface TOSLINK Coaxial DOP SPDIF Adapter DSD64 PCM192Khz (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V2D1K3Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5fKNDbVPSZHR1

Pretty nice chipset for a good price

1 Like