🔷 Schiit Hel

This is the official thread for the Schiit Hel

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• 3.5mm in and pre out, USB in, 3.5mm mic in, 3.5mm headphone out
  • AK4490, 1200mw @ 16 ohms
  • Dac amp with mic input and pre out

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

Liked the sound, disliked the exceedingly noisy volume wheel. My sister currently has mine with a DT 990 250 Ohms and is loving it.

1 Like

This was my first serious (?) dac/amp. Pretty happy with it overall. I like the giant top volume knob. It has a LOT of power for what it is. I usually listen around 9 to 10 am, high gain, with my HD 6XX.

2 Likes

Anybody know if there is anyway to get the Hel to work with a gaming console. PS4,XBoxOne?

Can you use an external dac with optical, and use the rca out? Or optical to usb converter?

Yeah that would probably work but what about the mic on the head set?

Yelp my Schiit Hel (first gen) just died.

Super random, I wasn’t playing anything through it, but it has been connected to my PC for a few years now and I almost never turn it off. Had a pair of E-MU Teaks plugged in.

Suddenly got a strong burning smell. Didn’t place it immediately, but on the second pass I started getting worried something will burst. Traced the smell to the Hel, which was still on and making strange noises (like it was restarting).

Unplugged, took outside :slight_smile:

Kinda sad it’s gone, and also out of warranty, but at least it happened while I was here, but not wearing the headphones.

Oh well. Turn off your Schiit when not using it!

edit: turns out this thing had 2 years of warranty, yay :slight_smile: I’ll reach out to Schiit.

Does the mic GAIN knob turned all the way down MUTE a mic?

I am interested in this for a home desk setup so I can both listen to music on some decent headphones and also use the same cans for gaming and taking video calls while working from home, but the headphone and mic I have doesnt have an independent MUTE button which can be nice when theres alot of background noise… One set I want to use it with is the portapro headset with boom mic, which just has a 4 PIN mic and audio 3.5mm termination

I just got the Schiit Hel, tested with my favorite headset - the Porta Pro headset w Boom mic, can confirm that the mic gain knob turned all the way down mutes the mic, and both audio and mic sounds amazing! This is my new default work from home / gaming desk setup…