Schiit Jotenheim

Hi Alex, can you clarify something? Is this a dated or time delayed comment? I’m confused.

I tried a Jot, and I can give feedback as to why I decided not to get it, but I’m a little concerned after reading this thread in its entirety. I’m afraid I would get snapped at for wishing the Jot had a particular feature or sound profile.

I was in the market for a new amp for several months. I had a budget amp I got from Massdrop (I didn’t know any better as it was marketed to go with the 58x) and finally upgraded to an Asgard 3. I had the good fortune to be a able try a Magni 3, Magnius, and a Jotunheim, but I much preferred the Asgard 3.

Anyway, in my information gathering, I probably read all the related Jotunheim, Asgard and various other Schiit posts on various forums. By the way you sign your signature and by a couple cross postings I’ve seen, I think I know who are on Head-Fi and other forums.

What I’m confused about, as you have had reviews of the Jotunheim and other amps out for the better part of the year, but I feel you are presenting as if the Jotunheim is a new to you item along with the Bifrost 2. When you have had pictures and comments of your “pile of schiit” and or experience with R2R, I kind of feel you are misrepresenting your experience with the Jot here. That is why I’m confused as I enjoyed reading what you had to say, [edit] as like always been clear and concise, consistent, open-minded, adept at navigating tension, doesn’t incite violence, particularly the not taking anyone a woodshed, kind.

Your last post seem reach out to me more as I probably fall into that category of people who have not heard higher end amps. I can say that the Jot is the highest end amp I heard and I can honestly say I did not enjoy the music with that one, as much as I did with the Asgard.

It feels like you are overselling the Jot rather than soliciting actual enhancements for it like how you are doing from other forums, and it is kind of off putting to me.

7 Likes

I have 2 Jotes, one with a multibit DAC, one with no DAC.
Currently not using the no DAC Jote just yet - gonna set it in my theatre for headphone listening off the RMC1, I think.
Anyway - I love it. Great device.

Hey OnyxSlam…

I undertstand your comments and feelings and respect them

I post alot and at times it even gets confusing to me as to where i have posted info etc…and now I know i have a person thats actually tracking my posts and interpreting my intentions!! Awesome!

If I were YOU I wouldnt be wasting my precious time in this way and spend the time you have enjoying your Asgard 3, which is a great amp, but unlike you its not my favorite and I have different preferences and we all hear differently…

There are things that I do know that you dont. Sworn to secrecy, NDA’a and other gorp.

Its great you got to listen to all those Schiit amps…and u found the one for you…GREAT. There are so many choices.

Any of my experiences should not make your experience less relevant or important. But I will never disparage your experience or call u out for your opinions or postings like you have done on me.

I love Schiit stuff…as do many others. Great stuff at decent prices. and if you dont like some it fine, go buy something else.

I have the original Jot here for many months and use it a lot, and like it alot…its a great amp…but its lost some its nice new shiny image and has been surplanted by other stuff from Schiit and others, in your case its an Asgard3. Cool…good for you!

Many of my postings all over the place are with that unit…

Yes I am on many sites and have been around for years…many years and I dont hide my id or username etc…many folks find it easy to criticize and throw stones from the safety of their home and computer keyboard.

That said, I have asked to those that have the original Jot, what if anything would make this a better amp, etc to me this is not overselling anything…its an honest question.

And just stating the facts about the Jotenheim and its power specs and features is not overselling this unit…its just what it is…and because I really enjoy this amp along with many others doesnt mean I am overselling this amp.

So thanks for your input…and have a great day!!

Alex

Oh! Please dont trust anything you read …trust your own ears…but please dont disaparage others and their experiences …or YOU will become what you accuse others of being…

2 Likes

Would any of those be related to Schiit or do you have some sort of association or vested interest in Schiit then? Just wondering

Mon, PM sent.

I have no vested interest in Schiit or any vendor.
Period.

Alex

1 Like

Good to know, figured it was a worthwhile think to ask and clarify as you brought up things that could be perceived as a relationship (even though they were not)

I have many informal relationships with vendors, most of which start with UNSOLICITED messages from them asking me if I would like to try something or ask me for an honest opinion on.

Some i say sure and others i refuse.

Most of the stuff comes and goes back and I purchase my stuff at retail prices, no deals here.

I buy stuff B-Stock from Schitt to save some bucks.

On this inconsistency thing…I see this ALL the time across multiple sites and venues.

When you really think about this, one gets a device on day one…and uses it and forms a subjective opinion about it and post this…then weeks go by other stuff comes in and out.

Then u listen again, this time maybe with a different chain, different source material, different gain setting, cables, your in a different mood…yadda, yadda, yadda…

And u post something about a device thats different than your original experience…so this to some might come across as inconsistency and it is! No one is perfect or a real expert…its our experiences that we or I share…and those experiences can change over time…back and forth.

I make NO apology for this, nope none at all.

As I stated above, YOUR the final arbitrar of what YOU deem as good or bad…dont trust me or any other so called “expert” out there because at times YOU will be dis-appointed.

I dont have a website, or like many of the so-called" pro-fessional reviewers have youtube channels and all kinds of relationships with retailers and vendors I just post on the public sties. And u can stop reading at anytime or go elsewhere…

Whats sad is seeing a person who likes a product and for some reason does not like someone elses opinion about a different product that they didnt like!

Why cant all our experiences be the same!!! Well it never will happen because we all hear differently, have different sound profiles and bias…

Ah life goes on…with or without YOU!
Enjoy the Music…while YOU can!

Alex

3 Likes

I guess that’s kinda a similar feel I was getting initially without looking too far into it, it makes sense now that it’s not the case as there is some more clarity, just seen too many posts that have some similarities that are just paid off or promotion reviews which to me are just spam and clutter, I know is not the case here as it’s instead just a misunderstanding of post order and context here, since the thoughts weren’t super clear until now

1 Like

Actually I did not post the “exact” same thing at 4 other sites…hmmmm?

Why: Because the folks on this forum and site are the only people that seem to act like well…
you fill in word or expletive of your choice!

I only did this hear because a person attacked me with some VERY RUDE remarks: . It’s a traveshamockery-- A travesty, a sham, and a mockery.

I dont know what your morals are and really dont care. But in my family remarks like this are a call to take the person out to the woodshed.

I make no bones to hide my like for Schiit Products, some more than others. You want to call that "Schii’ish:…no problem Glad to be a Schitt Shill…oh by the way I shill lots of other products as well. But this is a Schiit Jotenheim Thread?

Random glowing review out of nowhere, is this against the law?? Hmmmm so much for free speech. The thought police here seem to think that we only can comment when we get permission of maybe take a poll to see if we need to run to a safe spot in case one of us might be offended??

Spam and clutter?? My word…again now we need to adhere to a definition of what is spam and clutter…again so much for a open and honest discussion of things…do we have to now ask permission of the moderator before we post something. Are you going to change the rules now and or make people take a class in how to properly post??

And if Schiit comes out with any updated product is that a BAD thing?? No one is forcing u to buy anything…thats right NO one.

Do I have some indside info, maybe. Maybe not. Jealous? Wanting? Feeling lost? oh well…

Guys u need to grow up and take a chill pill…

Alex

and note I always (99.9%) post my “Name” why because I am proud of what I post and own up to my words…its a thing that many folks now-a-days just seem to forget common courtesy and respect for other humans.

I have zero issues with Schiit or how they conduct themselves. I like the company (I have 4 pieces of Schiit in front of me right now). I’m just telling you how it looks. If you’re not happy about that, I can’t help you :man_shrugging:t2:

A_Jedi…I really dont care how it looks…

Enjoy your Schiit…

Alex

Well, there are some ruffled feathers here…

I’m kindly requesting all involved take a breath. In my reading there’s actually a lot of agreement here about how there is room for different tastes and opinions in this hobby. IMO that’s part of what makes it fun. I appreciate all the posters here attempting to communicate their opinions on gear and I will ask that we refrain from namecalling and attacks on character moving forward.

Cheers, all.

5 Likes

I like the namecalling and attacks on character lol. Do note that freedom of speech is amazing, but it’s up to how “civil” of a forum we all want to make that can dictate how to behave. I’ll behave to keep the good energies up over here since it’s a fun community where no-one should be banned or shut down for what they say (unless they doxx someone lol)

1 Like

Freedom of speech is one thing; Yelling Fire in a movie theater is another…

Calling out a member of a forum with words like: It’s a traveshamockery-- A travesty, a sham, and a mockery.

If this is ok for you guys and fits your definition of a site you want to partake in, well its not for me. This is not civil to me,…and like I say to all of you and I can leave at anytime and you can too.

So if it doesnt change and become a place where we all can partake in without fear of “uncivil” comments then I am out of here.

Alex

Well Schiit, I want to try a Jot out now lol.

3 Likes

Bruh,

I didn’t intend this to be a burgleflickle.

Thank you for clarifying, as you have definitely answered what I asked, and then some. Great to know you have access to a Jotenheim no one else has ever heard. It is truly my fault for interpreting that you got a standard Jot with a Bifrost 2 just the other day.

As embarrassed for my mistake, I am going edit what I said. I thought it was a funny meme word from an old super bowl commercial and thought it would work as a funny segue in that context.

I wish you well in your audio journey.

3 Likes

Have one for sale. Less than 6 months old lol :wink:

1 Like