🔷 Schiit Jotunheim 2

Hey, that Jot looks familiar :smiley: We should start a tradition of writing user names on the bottom of equipment purchased and sold on HiFiGuides. The lineage of owners could be fun to see as equipment passes around.

For what it’s worth, when I opened up the Jot to put in the multibit card I pushed the little LED to the side. It still shines through to indicate it’s on, but doesn’t blind me anymore.

3 Likes

Well, now you have a photo of when it was blinding if you ever want to remember. :wink:

1 Like

That is a great idea!

so I just watched / listened to Z’s review of the Jot 2, compared against the A3 and the Magnius. from it, the cool thing is that the Jot 2 doesn’t disengage the headphones when you use the pre-out for your speakers. this is a good thing for those that want to use headphones but get the impact from a sub. :wink:

What’s better Bifrost2 or Ares II?

There is a discussion about this in some of the Ares II thread if that helps.

1 Like

Similar overall performance, so ‘better’ is based on preference. One thing to note is that both SE and balanced outputs can be used at the same time for the Bifrost 2, but not for the Ares II, in case you wanted to use both to go to different amps.

1 Like

Sadly still waiting for my Jot2 from Schiit. Ordered it back at the end of March. Not upset with Schiit…it’s just the way of things right now but man cant wait to get it!

1 Like

Has anyone been lucky enough to get one of these recently? Still waiting patiently from my March 31st order!
#onedaysoon

What’s your current ETA?

There is none. It just tells me the Jotunheim 2 is on rolling backorder. Site says up to 6 weeks for just the Jotunheim 2, however I ordered the Modius with it. The Modius ships now so I’m just waiting on the Jot2 to be in stock.

I’m fine waiting but still looking forward to the new gear.

Fingers crossed they don’t run into Modius issues before your Jot2 is done…

1 Like

They must have read my post…just shipped today!

4 Likes

Got my Jot 2 and Modius today! This is an upgrade from the Modi3 and Magni3 Heresy.

Very first impression on this new setup with balanced:

With my Clear MG Pro’s I only need to set the volume to 9 o’clock. Anyone else experience with this setup? This is even on low gain…crazy that’s all I need to turn it up to, but I suppose a more efficient setup as well.

For schitts and giggles, my bitrate in windows 10 I set to 24/48. It set it to 32/48 but noticed the Modius is a 24/192 dac max. Don’t even think that part even matters. I have windows also set to exclusive mode options as well. So far just listening on this setup to Amazon Music HD.

Needless to say I am impressed right away.

6 Likes

Very sleek setup!

I wasn’t sure so I had to go look at mine, and sure enough, using XLR out, I’ve got my knob set just a hair above 9 o’clock.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new setup! I really dig the black colorway, looks great and makes for a good looking stack.

When running Low impedance High sensitivity headphones as the Clear MG pro (55 Ohms / 104 dB SPL) what you are experiencing with the volume pot range is normal. I rarely got my volume pot past the 9 o’clock position myself.

This is a matter of preference and what works best for your setup. I typically set Windows 10 to 24/192 for shared mode, for things like You tube videos and apps without options for setting exclusive modes, and then as you are doing, set other players that can to “Exclusive”.

The Modius is a pretty great DAC, IMO the best in its class. The Unison USB is very nice and then having the option to run balanced out into your Jot 2 is an added bonus. The Schiit products synergize really well with each other.

Let the Music Play and Enjoy that Schiit! !!

2 Likes

Yep, ran this stack myself for a few months and it was the same for me with the Clear Mg. With some songs I could go to 10 or 11 on the pot on low gain, but it typically stayed between 8 and 9.

2 Likes

Still waiting on my order, april 29. Bf2 and jot.

Jots are shipping in just 1-3 days now, so I assume the Bifrost is what’s holding yours back. It’s a kickass amp though, well worth the wait.

1 Like

Yep saw that. Unless it’s black :neutral_face: