Schiit lokius or

so was going to get a schiit lokius when i could afford it, and then i found this TKL T531 digital spectrum equalizer on amazon.ca.

any reason why i shouldn’t get the 31 band eq instead

and yes it will be for my nooby desk lol

i would undermount it.

the lokius and the tkl t531 are roughly the same price by the time the schiit gets to me in canada

i dont know how to make a direct link to the amazon item

I don’t understand the scale of adjustability of that one. Doesn’t it seem more like a spectrum visualizer? I guess ergonomics and potential sound quality would be the Schiit benefit.

How do you plan to use it?

at first i wanted the lokius for headphone eq’s, ex add in more bass to my hd560s because the low end is there just want a little more.

then saw this for roughly the same price ish, and lights lol

i will be getting more headphone’s in the future and figured if anything ever needs a little here, or a little there, like turning down the high’s on beyers a bit

plus a little lookin cool

and it has rca and xlr inputs, cause i want to run xlr’s from dac to eq to amp to heaphone’s, and run the rca dac to eq to pre tube amp to amp to headphones.

that way i can eq reg stuff on xlr, and also run rca’s on tubes with eq aswell just if i ever want to

How do you make the adjustments with it?

cant find youtube vid now lol,saw a review of a very similar style eq, and there 2 knobs on each end, you like hold one down for a bit and it unlocks the bottom blue bars then you scroll over the the hz and raise and lower with the other knob, something like that i think.

not english but think it adjusts similar to this one at about 9:54 into this vid

I’m in the process of returning my Lokius. Fair warning, just having the Lokius active will collapse your Soundstage even without any EQ applied. Might be fine for more intimate headphones but for something like the Hifiman Arya it’s a big issue

I’d love to see you expound on this in the Lokius Thread

so even bypassing the eq still killed the soundstage? was it both xlr and rca’s

No, bypass was a pure bypass and made no difference. Once I went active the Soundstage collapsed, with or without any EQ applied

I connected a Bifrost 2 to Lokius and to Jot 2 all xlr

have others reported this problem with the Lokius?

I only noticed it cuz someone asked about it on reddit. I’ve had some people tell me I need to burn in the Lokius but that’s a $300 problem if it doesn’t fix itself so I’d rather not

If I might throw in some boring measurements. By just leaving the bypass function, without turning any knob, You get almost 8 times the noise (30db). And the range where the single bands influence the sound is strangely large. The 500hz knob changes even the 50hz and 5khz area.

Has anyone bothered to measure impulse response?