Schiit - Lokius

Hello,
Schiit brings a new Equalizer out it call Lokius.
https://www.schiit.com/products/lokius

Looks not bad on the eye,hope it is fine.

They would bring another Eq but for 1500$ and is more for her greater Models :see_no_evil:.

5 Likes

At that price, they would compete with studio EQs like the Drawmer 1974 or elysia xfilter.

I bought a Lokius and it should be here on Thursday. Maybe we can have the title changed to Lokius from New Loki?

1 Like

So Iā€™m guessing this balanced EQ is to be stacked with the Magnius? From what I recall, the Magnius was so neutral/reference-sounding that it was jarring for my ears.

It has xlr and rca, itā€™s meant to stack with any of the midsize chassis units. Asgard, Lyr, Valhalla, Jot, etc

1 Like

Changed the title now

@WaveTheory or @Ohmboy could you make this an official thread?

Had the Loki mini+ for a little bit and will be getting the Lokius soon. One of the things I really liked about the mini+ was the ability to adjust a freq and not have much bleed in to the other freq like Iā€™ve experienced with digital eq. And maybe thatā€™s the big difference between analog eq and digital eq? Ive never been much into eq, but it was fun to play around with. At times it was like a tube buffer. Either way was pretty pleased with the performance of the mini+ and loking forward to the Lokiusā€¦and possibly the Loki Max :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Would do mate but where would you like me to put it?.. the E/E/G/Accessories doesnā€™t have an ā€œOfficial Threadā€ so maybe keep it as :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Fair enough, I didnā€™t realise that tbh

Me neither till I tried to add it lolā€¦kinda makes sense though as thereā€™s not that many items that fall under this category so any posts of interest standout?..personally I think we have more than enough categories so Iā€™m not inclined to add more tbhā€¦but weā€™re here for the community so if any folks feel the need for other categories to be added then that will be looked in to lol.

Yeah there is quite a few categories in this Sub forum already :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Decisions, decisionsā€¦ all this Mod shit has me not :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:ā€¦

1 Like

just throw stuff like this in with dacs and be done. just like dacs, they modify the sound. i dont feel a new catagory is needed for the few of these anyone would use.

1 Like

Ok thisā€™s going off topic so to save the Legit Lokius thread iā€™m gonna move this to a new off topic and you guys can decide what and whereā€¦

I understand that, however, I made my comment based on the fact that the Lokius shares both the -ius naming pattern & the 9" x 6" x 1.5" dimensions of the Magnius and Modius.

Besides, the Magnius has a sterile sound to it, so it could see benefits from getting analog eq.

I received the Lokius yesterday. So far it does its job well and I donā€™t have any issues with it. It shipped very fast. I had bought it last Sunday.

1 Like

Schitty manualā€¦it has the output and inputs labeled backwards.

Trap for the new players :smiley:

2 Likes

manual looks same as picture of back at schiit store

If you look closely at the writing on the manual, the input and output writing are switched

3 Likes