šŸ”· Schiit LYR 3

Is a protection circuit something typically fixable, or needing a PCB replacement?

think i read in a forum that the protection circuit of the lyr 3 kicks in at any sound under 8Hz or so, maybe the cause of your problem or my input came a bit to late to help you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I still have Lyr 1, is there a reason to upgrade to Lyr 3?

Single Tube, easier/cheaper to roll. Has high/low gain stages. Modular expandability. Iā€™m going to guess noise performance is much improved, and flexibility with lower impedance cans is much much better. I wonder if output impedance is lower (Itā€™s very low on Lyr3, unsure what it was on Lyr 1). Thinking the muting relay circuitry of Lyr3 may be another improvement.

2 Likes

Does Lyr3 sound better?

Thatā€™s a subjective question that no one can ever answer for you other than yourself :wink:

1 Like

the community feels the Lyr 3 is better. it works on fixing the issues the original and v2 has. but mm is rightā€¦sound is subjective, so you may or may not like what you hear. however, thatā€™s likely because your brain is surprised by something new / different and you will need time to acclimate and see if itā€™s an improvement.

1 Like

Everytime I think of selling my Lyr 3, I let it warm up and plug in my Empyreans and ask myself why??
Its a really brilliant tube ampā€¦

Alex

2 Likes

LYR 3 now available in a black finish

4 Likes

Been listening to my old pair of shp9500 on this amp. Sounds better than I remember

Hey thanks for the reply. Here I am just as long apart with my response. That makes sense, Iā€™ll play around with trying to limit the low end reaching the amp.