Schiit Sol - Turntable

The idea is not bad it look interessting but not finish for my opinion.
That the only plus on this thing.

The great shit is the Price and the optical looks very bad.And in use a Mani as Amp who cabels look out,is a no go for me.
I have see better turntabels for this price,sorry.

1 Like

The whole value for money thing with vinyl is a little weird anyway. I really love the old Rega RB250 Tonarm and it turned the vinyl world upside down in the 90s. You can get them for 100$ in good condition. Add new INCOGNITO cables and a Michell Techno counterweight -> would still use this with 1000$ MC no problem… a fancy design not always sound better. Shiit should have keept it simple and focused on sound and simplicity with their first TT. Sometimes the designers of a simpel Tonearm like the RB250 just get lucky and they create pure magic.

Sol is now ready for prime time.
https://www.schiit.com/products/sol

2 Likes

This is on my list of things to purchase in early 2021. I like the design, and They seem to have gotten most of the initial bugs sorted out. Though, I will probably get a thicker and heavier platter.

it’s a nice looking unit, for sure. but a bit pricey for a beginner :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not quite a beginner, but also not a Sage. Seasoned by years in the trenches of poor audio quality and cheap equipment.

Asking a beginner to do the setup on this thing will only end up in frustration or a vinyl milling machine. lol

Investing into a good turntable pays off. I would go for proven companies that will still provide spare parts in years to come.