Schitt UK and EU suck

Anyone but Amazon would be better IMO. Don’t need to feed the monopoly on online shopping.

2 Likes

Even if they maintained a dealer profile on the various International Audio Mart sites, just allow for prepaying duties. Especially now

1 Like

Thats the reason I did not buy a Schiit Saga+ some time ago - just was not available.

1 Like

That ain’t bad was that the sale price?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33305

I’m personally waiting for stock to return at the UK/EU distributor before making my purchase. I would buy direct from the US, but current shipping costs are very high, as well as the obvious customs charges. Oh well, unprecedented times I guess. My Modius / Asgard 3 stack will have to wait

Most things were out of stock even before the pandemic. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh really? Haha damnnn. I guess distribution is their weakness.

Anyone had experience shipping from Schiit US to UK / EU? I’m assuming it will take a while, and then I’ll get slammed by taxes and fees

I think the time would not be a issue if they ship with DHL or something like that. Taxes for sure though.

I bought my Asgard 3 direct from Schiit US, got the international priority shipping which was $58, then cost me £53 in customs charges, so around £260 in total which I think actually works out at £5 cheaper than getting it shipped from Schiit uk.

1 Like

that is so jacked up. i dont understand these extra charges and fee’s. ive never had to pay them. just tax and shipping costs. why does the USA not have to pay this stuff but everyone else does?

Are you asking why the US doesnt pay international and customs shipping fees from inside its own country?

lol, no im talking about imports from other countries

1 Like

Ive bought things from all over the place. imports may be a little more expensive but no where near the import duties that people in other countries seem to be paying

1 Like

Oh ok, gotcha, so you are in the USA?

yes in the usa

I think it has to do with how different countries deal with tax etc. Here VAT is pretty much applied to everything which I think is what causes customs to be so high since it’s 20% before I got my Asgard I didn’t realise this so was always confused about customs charges.

I’m not sure exactly how it works in the US, but from what I remember sales tax varies by different states or something like that? (I may be completely wrong about this since I only ever went to Boston once :sweat_smile:)

I have buy the Magni 3 ,Vali 2, Loki directly by schiit last year.
With Shipment cost and Customfee in all was 50€ more it is okay for one piece.
Magni orderd seperatlly, and Vali 2 and Loki in one order.In two case was 50€ more for Germany.

Well you can start here and look for more information from the web.

And because you have ordered so little amount overseas and low cost. You have not involved yourself in import and tax world. That we all live in.

US Import Tax and Duties - Everything you need to know | ImportDojo This one might be more US involved.
Customs Duty Information | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

In short “regulation of foreign trade and a policys that taxes foreign products to encourage or safeguard domestic industry.”

There are product’s that are not allowed be imported or sold to or in the US. If you buy something like that in the “banned list”. You will most definitely know more.

Generally if you buy something in the US From a foreign country and it’s under $2000 you don’t pay import duties, if it’s more expensive than that, it becomes a total shit show.
You have to fill out special paperwork with the shipper, they clear it through customs and bill you separately.
It can clear customs in a day or take months, and it can cost next to nothing or significant amounts.
I had a CNC mill shipped from Canada, took 2 months to clear customs and cost I think 15%.
I had a $3000 item shipped from them U.K., cleared customs in <24 hours and cost about $50 in duties.

I just love this. I was waiting on any update to the bf2 for three weeks until they delayed for a month with no information.

Switched to the Ares II (mine should be in the next 50 I think).

Then I get biweekly updates from vinshine/denafrips in fucking singapore…

Like how hard is it to just send a nice simple message about what’s happening and why? Schiit has to step their basic information availability the fuck up :confused:

4 Likes