Search a Hybrid amp

Hello,
I’m looking for a hybrid amplifier.
The main reason is to drive the Dan Clark Aeon R/T.
So it needs some power.

I have the Little Dot 1+ here which I think is actually quite good and have had great experiences with it.
Lcd2C,Aeon R/T surprisingly good.
Nevertheless, the quality of the Little Dot is somewhat noticeable.
It takes a while for it to come up to operating temperature, and only then does it play excellently.
The left channel sometimes scratches when you get to the tube.
That’s why I’m looking for a hybrid amp that’s a bit better quality.
I already had the Schiit Vali 2 (old version), and for me it was the better Magni.
Listening to Patos Aurium didn’t pick me up for the price, I expected more.
The Monolith Liquid Platinum would actually be my favourite but also too expensive if it is to come to Europe.
It also has the Us power supply.
I found it at Audiophonics but they want 1200€ for it.

I have seen the Music Hall Ph 25.3 for 400-500€ which is technically not wrong.
What bothers me a bit is that the tube is fixed.
And the predecessor Ha 25.2 I found used somewhere in good condition.

The Massdrop Hybrid by Alex Cavalli would be interesting but not available at the moment.
It might not be available again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonable hybrid amplifier?

I got a xduoo ta-20 used for 225€ from ebay.de
For that price I think it’s a nice little amp with enough juice and you can tube Roll with 12au7 so one can go wild if the urge comes up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is it possible to drive the Aoen R/T with it?
What for tube you have inside?
Otherwise looks not bad,:+1:

It drives my LCD 2 but can’t say anything about the Dan Clark cause if I remember correctly those have really low impedance ?
Otherwise I got some cheap JJ ecc82 for a bit more soundstage

1 Like

the xduoo mt-604 is getting some pretty good attention and has 2w@32ohm. only downside is independent volume control for L/R but i’m sure thats a good thing to the right person. also i think the aeon rt is 12.5 ohm and 91db/mw sensitivity so pretty much anything should drive it.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions.
Unfortunately, the Little Dot I have broke down today, but it had been on the cards for a while.
If I were to buy something again, it should be reasonably well made.
The Xudoo looks great but I don’t want it to give up the ghost after 6 months because of cheap parts.

I looked at the Little Dot to see what was wrong and it was the capacitor that had swollen up a bit.
After about 300 hours of use.
The repair with improvements costs about 100€.
Unfortunately, I had to resort to 2 expensive capacitors because the cheaper ones were no longer available.
Otherwise it would have been much cheaper.

I also saw the new Vincent Khv 200 which is quite expensive but nice.
Spontaneously I would have said 500$/€ would be my limit plus minus.
I also saw the Taga Harmony, but the manufacturer said it would be very tight for the R/T, which is a shame.

Hello,
It’s been taken care of.
I was able to repair the Little Dot 1+ myself and optimise it a little.
And at the moment it’s running better than ever, if not better.

There was a bit of work to do, like replacing a defective tube socket with two new ones with gold pins.
Replacing the electrolytic capacitors, one of which was defective, with two standard electrolytic capacitors from Audio Note.
I replaced the Elna with the Nichicon Fg and replaced two film capacitors with new ones, also from Mex.
Because they were pressing unsightly on the socket and the circuit board.
I replaced the Rca sockets and with a little help it finally worked again.

The result is also impressive.
With the Nichicon Fg I was able to improve the sound a bit and thanks to the Audio Note capacitors it keeps the temperature better under control.
So the bad parts in the Little dot are completely replaced.

Cost me about 55€/60$ with all the trimmings.
I also found a new hybrid amplifier when I was looking for parts, but for now it’s under construction.
It still has to be built.

2 Likes