🔶 SeeAudio Rinko

This is the official thread for the SeeAudio Rinko

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0031/0453/8673/products/seeaudio-x-z-review-rinko-1dd1planar-iems-earphone-hifigo-704432_966x966.jpg?v=1679043096

• Type: In-Ear
  • Amp needed: No
  • 1 Dynamic Driver + 1 Planar Driver
  • Customized Silicone/ Foam eartips (S M L / 3 Pairs)
  • Cable 4-Strand gray twisted silver-plated 6N oxygen-free copper wire 12 wires per strand.

BUY FROM : : :

:red_circle: Amazon US

:red_circle: HiFiGo

:red_circle: Aliexpress

:red_circle: Amazon JP

Rinko Touch+ Rinko IEMs at US$10 Off

Render Eartips

[Reviews]

6 Likes

It kicks ass so far, very much a bassy pair of iems with good vocal clarity. It suits my personal tastes very well. The Rinkos have done well with Hip Hop, Rap, Eurobeat, Pop, Jrock/Jpop, and Indie/alternative rock. They are not hard to drive and sounds good on really every dac/amp stack and combo I have from solid state to tube hybrid.

The render tips hifigo made for them are very comfy and besides the minor note of slight delamination between the foam and silicone that can happen which fixes itself when reinserted or smoothed out, i really love them. They are a good balance of pliable enough to be easy to shape but firm enough to seal well and are definitely softer then the symbio hybrid tips they mimic conceptually. The iems body casings are well shaped and fit my ears very well and the matte finish has made me not worry much about them.

The Rinkos can become real bass monsters with even a conservative low shelf eq applied and true bass on my zen dac made them sound great too, although unless you are a super bass head like me it’s probably relatively unnecessary with how good the stock tuning is.

The only even slight issue I had was just the two pin female port was spaced abit tight, so I had to press a little bit to get my linsoul swappable tip cable to seat themselves. Overall they are definitely replacing my Brass nozzle katos as my go to iem and have made my Kz Zs10 pros completely irrelevant to me. The sound signature itself reminded me of my Fostex th-x00 Purplehearts with softer highs and better mids. For sub 100 Dollars I haven’t tried anything else that I could so easily recommend over these in cans or iems.

2 Likes

Happy to know you like Render eartips. It is customized according to ZEOS suggestion with silicone and foam combined for the best sound of Rinko and wearing experience, isolation, etc.

1 Like

Does the Render tip change the sound?

I received my Seeaudio Rinko IEMs about 3 days ago now and have been enjoying them very much.

The Rinkos have a 3D-printed resin body smoky in color and a matte black aluminum face plate. This makes for a stealthy and lightweight IEM weighing roughly 11g. For reference, the Moondrop starfields are nearly twice the weight at 22g. I found the shape to fit well in my ear and when in use there was little resistance or pulling on my ear canal from the IEM. I used them for day-long listening sessions in a variety of environments. When properly sealed, the sound was excellent, isolating, and offered a wear-free experience.

Included with the IEM is a standard-length 2-pin cable (3.5mm connect), a foil portrait of the anime girl on the box, a white clamshell case, and a set (S/M/L) of the custom Render Eartips.

The Render Eartips are a combo Silicon/Foam tip that adds a lot of bass to the IEMs. I did my initial listening with the stock cable and tips and found the sound to be very warm. These IEMs are probably one of the warmest sounding that I have personally heard. The bass and sub-bass can be very moving. I found the mids and highs to be relaxed but not forgotten. Songs that are mastered poorly with bass can get dirty, but well-mastered music with bass is magical.

I swapped the ear tips later testing a variety of others that I had on hand. Including some Dekoni foam tips. The foams matched very similarly to the Renders in sound performance. Using other silicon tips took some of the bass out of the sound but still left a V-shaped IEM. I find the Render or foam tips to be best for overall listening.

Staging and Imaging seem fairly good for an IEM. Maybe it’s the Combo DD/Planar driver but there appears a slight added dimension to the overall sound that I didn’t notice with my Moondrop Starfield or KZ Z10 pros.

Note: I did see a change in the initial sound after a day or so of use. The overall sound relaxed further. While burn-in isn’t “required” there was a difference.

I was able to power these with my Apple iPhone dongle (~70% volume set) but found plugging them in my Singxer Sa-1 at home to offer a great listening experience (about 10:00 on pot). I wouldn’t consider them hard to drive by any means.

I think that this IEM can become a major player in the market. Overall, the Rinko IEMs offer a solid, bass-heavy, V-shaped sound that also maintains good imaging. If you like electric and dance or enjoy bass these IEMs should be a must-buy! They hold their value and are like nothing else in this price range.

Props to See Audio and Zeos for creating an excellent IEM at a great price!

2 Likes

The SeeAudio Rinko is a very well-tuned fun bassy IEM. The tuning may not be for everyone. They sound better than a $99 IEM, and I haven’t even taken my OH10 or Z12 back out after listenting to these for the past few days. They do not require a lot of power to sound good, I have been listening to the Rinko off a Fiio BTR7.

The Rinko is a very comfortable IEM to wear. The render tips are my favorite tips out of all my IEMs so far. I have been wearing the rinkos for several hours on and off, and my ears do not get fatigued. I need to buy more of these tips for my other IEMs. I did run into the delamniation issue on the tips.

Overall, the SeeAudio Rinko is a great all-around IEM. It is well-tuned, comfortable, and has excellent sound quality. It is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality IEM at a reasonable price.

1 Like

Ok so I spent quite a bit of time with these IEM’s and cant deny the fact that I enjoyed them. My personal impressions when comparing against my small collections of headphones (Audeze LCD X, Moondrop Kato) using my small collections of DAC/amps (Sabaj D5, Fiio BTR5). These are a non-offensive pair of IEMs. Their tuning seems to be bass heavy, mid forward, and laid back in the highs. Personally I enjoyed listening to them at lower levels. I noticed when I switched to the Moondrop Kato, I would volume up, when I switched back to the Rinko, I turned the volume down. I didn’t enjoy the Rinko less though, I just enjoyed it at lower volume. I don’t even know if that makes sense. The LCD’s are different, so I am not going to try to compare them. Comfort wise, I really liked the silicon/memory foam tips, they are extremely light, and the wire is quality.

So I passed them to my wife. For reference, my wife normally listens with Sony WF-1000XM3 using an iPhone. She plugged them into her iPhone using the standard iPhone lightning to 3.5mm dongle. She preferred the eartips, weight, and fit of the Rinko’s to the Sony wireless. She described them as, “clear.” She enjoyed the extended bass. She told me, “These are mine now, you are not getting them back.”.

I’m sure the tuning for these has been finalized already. If I had to use a word to describe them, it would be “safe.” When I listened, I wanted a bit more highs, and dynamics. That being said, my wife loves them. At this price point I feel like the are great (mind you my cost was 62 dollars after shipping and tax). This being said. they sound amazing to a non-audiophile on an iPhone using a regular dongle, but they can also be enjoyed by an audiophile when listening against other more technically performing audio. At the 100 dollars price point you will have to decide for yourself.

5 Likes

Just wanted to give my quick thoughts after a day of listening. I want to start by saying, holy BASS batman. These things kick like a mule and dig down deep. Mids are clear and smooth. Vocals, both male and female, are solid. Highs are smooth as well and never get grating. Imaging is good. There is some 3Dness to the sound. I would say overall the IEM has a warm sound signature. A small gripe with the sound is that it comes across to my ears as needing a little more weight in the instruments/notes which makes it come across just a little flat at times. Comfort is good on these. With the Render tips (foam/silicone hybrid) they stay in the ears and they provide a good seal. The IEM itself is comfortable by not being very heavy and has a good shape. I do wish there was some color to the IEM instead of just plain black to liven thing up a bit. The included extras are nice to have especially at this price point. I need to get some more time with them, but so far I would say they are a great offering and have a sound that is worth more than its $100 price tag.

Extra Pics - Imgur: The magic of the Internet

5 Likes

A true Zeos collaboration at last, waifus everywhere!

Regardless if that is your thing or not, the unboxing experience is good, you are presented with the case and the IEMs, with the cable and tips inside the case. The IEMs are a matt black plastic and I would call them medium in size. The cable is fine, its no Chimera but its light and unassuming, much like the overall look and feel of the IEM. It also has no microphonics and doesn’t tangle up.

I can tell the Render hybrid Silicon/Foam tips will fast become my favourite, as a long time Symbio user I prefer this kind of tip. I did swap out to some Spinfits and Azla’s but came back to the Renders. It was comfortable with everything. Even my partner who has tiny ear canals found it fine to wear for a time.

These are very easy to drive and \sound wise, as others have said, its going to be an IEM for someone that likes their bass. Its very much in between the BL-03 and OH-10. There’s little bass bleed into the mids and the highs are laid back. After all the recent harman neutral iems in this price range, these are fun to listen to.

2 Likes

It should be said that the IEM with my favourite sound signature is the the Ikko OH10, which is wide and V-shaped, with the ability to do sub bass. The SeeAudio Rinko however has now replaced the OH10 in this respect. It has depth. It’s got detail, and it has the ability to give you a lot of good bass, including rumbling sub bass (all without EQ). It doesn’t have a wide soundstage like the OH10’s but its not narrow either. Imaging is decent due to the depth and a surprising bit of stage separation.

They are not by all means a technical IEM. They really skew to the fun side. The kind of IEM’s you wear outdoor on the go, or if you just want to enjoy any music, rather than critical listening. However, it has caveats, which I’ll get into in a bit.

Music tested:
Kill la Kill OST
Violet Evergarden OST
Trigun Stampede OST
Carole and Tuesday OST
Doom OST

Testing Gear:
Desktop: Denafrips Ares II + Topping A90 (Apple Music / FLAC)
Portable: Qudelix 5k (BT + Apple Music) / Hiby R3 Pro Saber (FLAC)

Unboxing it, it’s hard pressed to believe that these are about $100 bucks. It’s got a box that resembles something you’d propose with. The IEM’s are front and center. Seriously, there are more expensive headphone gear that don’t give you this kind of presentation.

The SeeAudio Rinko is a dual driver IEM. A dynamic, and a planar. On paper, this means it’s able to give you good detail through the planar, and rumbly bass through the dynamic driver. And as I said before this is absolutely true. The IEM’s themselves are on the bigger side. I am more used to single driver IEM’s for some time now like the Moondrop KATO and and Shoer D13, so it was a different feeling having these in my ears. This leads to the caveat I spoke of earlier.

If you have small ears like I do, big IEM’s can cause fatigue and discomfort with prolonged use. It took me a long time to play around with positioning and different tips (I settled with Spiraldots) until it would rest on my ear without pressing hard against it. However, you do need it to sit right in your ear canal with the right tips that seal well. If they don’t do that, you will not get the bass, the vocals hollow, and the high’s tinny.

SeeAudio Rinko comes with these Render eartips by default, but I’ve been told that they will be sold separately too. They are hybrid eartips, a foam core, with silicone on the outside. The idea is that you squeeze them like you do foam, then insert it into your ear where they expand to seal nicely. The outer silicone layer is suppose to protect the foam from earwax, making it last longer than normal foam eartips.

The batch that I got feels a bit too big. Now I have smaller earholes (especially on my right), but apparently even people with larger earholes are using the small because it’s just too big. While you can squeeze them smaller. Once it expands in the ear canal, the pressure is too great and it only took a few minutes before it because painful for me. SeeAudio said they may reduce the size for the separate purchase versions, but this is my initial impression of them at least.

Of course Zeos being Zeos, you know he’s a huge weeb especially if you watch his reviews, so waifu like this is perfectly in line with his brand. Now I have the pre-release consumer version of the IEM’s which were half-price, so I don’t know if the actual version will come with all the additional waifu swag like acrylic stand and even keycaps. But I will not say no to these things and it is amusingly appreciated.

Ultimately the SeeAudio Rinko is a no brainer buy for its price. It is capable of delivering a lot of fun with little compromise, but be aware that you could run into fit issues that could negate what these IEM’s are capable of. For most people this should not be a problem, so it’s a pretty easy recommendation.

Addendum: I have since replaced the eartips I’ve used so that the Rinko’s are not in full contact with my ear. I currently use Azla SednaEarfit Lights because they have a longer inner shaft and the result is instant comfort with a great seal. I would recommend these eartips if anyone has discomfort because the Rinkos irritate the ear by contact. The sound alone is worth the eartip swap, especially for the price.

5 Likes

they insulate well due to the foam core and dont sweat as much as foams, i liked them alot more then my xelastics on my rinkos but they didnt work as good on my katos.

1 Like

So I’ve been spending two days with the Rinko now and also comparing them with some other IEMs in my collection - mainly my Moondrop Kato but also my Kinera Nanna 2.
There are things that I like but also things that I don’t like very much.

On the positive side of things I can say that they are very light and comfortable. I only use IEMs really when I have to since they are often very uncomfortable for me. But these tips in the small size are very comfortable.
The cable they come with is also very nice to handle and lighter than the Katos stock cable for example.

Where things are not so good - at least for me - is the tuning. I very much like a bassy sound signature (love my Final D8000 for example). And the Rinkos are definitly very bassy. The main problem for me is that the bass seems not to be only elevated in the sub and bass region but also very much (or even more) in the midbass and lower mids.
This unfortunately makes the mids and vocals seem to drown in the mix and everything seems very midbass focused. The ear gain region seems to try to balance it out a bit and feels almost a bit too forward sometimes especially since the treble region is pretty dark und unpronounced.
This overall resulted in a not very pleasant listening experience for me.
I ran them on my main rig (Spring 3 + Zähl HM-1) - which I know is a bit overkill - and also on my Mojo 2. Playing around with some very broad EQ settings on both by reducing the bass and boosting the treble by just a bit already results in a better/clearer listening experience for me and lets some potential shine through.
For the planned retail price they might still find their audience but I’d always prefer to save a litte more and make the jump to the Kato for example since they are tuned so much better in comparison.

I know the tuning is supposed to be a bit unconventional. But it doesn’t seem to do anything for me that would justify that.

What is a winner though are the ear tips. Very comfortable for me. But I guess that varies with everyone’s individual ear. So your milage may vary.

Concerning the other accessories they come with. The Waifu stuff is really not my thing and unnecessary for me. The carry case feels nice but could be a bit smaller to be more pocketable.

PS: I’ve also just now tried the Rinkos with the Kato tips and they definitely seem to be the better choice for them. A bit less bloated and a more pronounced treble area. I still prefer the Katos by quite a bit but it’s a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

Sounds like an upgrade to the FH3.

It’s released, they also have a cool mech keyboard with a similar theme .

1 Like

Been playing with the rinko for a couple weeks now and they are an amazing iem at $100. Everyone before me hit on how awesome these are and I can’t agree more with their thoughts.
The quick down and dirty! They have great bass and kinda put my CFA mammoth to shame. Mids are forward enough to not be drowned out by bass and surprisingly vocals sound very clear. Treble is very laid back but I never found myself wanting more.
Will they compete with UM Mest or Audeze Euclid, no not one bit but those iems are literally 10x the price.

2 Likes

Here is the driver breakdown. These are rough pictures and I asked brand to send some better ones. Just trying to quell any misinformation going around that this isn’t a legit Planar / Dynamic.

4 Likes

Keep playing with them. See if any other tips strike your fancy.

1 Like

I’ve switched from the Render’s for the moment back to the Symbio W (my usual eartip) as I find the Render silicone irritates my ear after a while. I’ve also used SednaFit Max with great effect as well.

@ZeosPantera grab some final audio tws tips and see what you think with them. Super soft silicone that can fit deep in your ear canals if you need them too.

1 Like

Rinko WHITE is out and there is even a give-a-way of 3 sets.

Give-a-way here :: https://twitter.com/Zeospantera/status/1687122825897758720

Get on Amazon – https://hifiguides.page.link/RinkoWA

1 Like