Sennheiser consumer division sold

In the price class they compete, there has not been a lot of movement.
So it makes sense to keep making what you have and focus engineering and R&D on PA and Studio.

Hopefully Sonova :euro: can help out there?..not knocking Senn but it would be good so see them “evolve” and bring out some newer models maybe even a Planar range? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Done buddy :beers: I didn’t see @A_Jedi 's thread :grimacing:

1 Like

New product coming

3 Likes

Man I really hope that new “audiophile” product isn’t just another wireless headphone or some other sub 300, value model. I’d love to see a wholly new flagship. But I doubt we’re getting that. From the article, I’m kind of getting the impression it’s not even a headphone.

1 Like

Why is it so hard to make a hd600 with extended bass? Idiot here, but they can’t do what Koss or chi-fi does and titanium coat or beryllium coat the driver given it’s been well over 20 years?

Because audiophiles are like 0.01% of the market. And the HD600 still sells like mad.

.01% at 1300 usd a pop ain’t half bad.

Because throwing random crap at the wall to see what sticks is not an option when you have a global brand recognition to uphold.

I mean the hd700, ie800 and hd820 are a thing. Surely they could of tried to better the hd600 over all this time even if it could flop. I’m not convinced the hd660 was a genuine effort on their part.

does this mean no more headphones? apparently its been sold to a hearing aid company of sorts?

“Sennheiser announced back in February that it wanted to focus on its professional audio business”

i suppose proffesional audio doesnt go for what their “audiophile line” of products

I would think more headphones.
Would be stupid to buy a brand like Sennheiser and then not make something using that name.

maybe they only want the tech, i have absolutely no idea, would be really cool to hear from someone more knowledgable so that we dont need to guess for much longer, an announcement would certainly help

blub blub blub. body too similar to another post

Maybe the new product will be the HD601. Exactly the same as the HD600 but limited edition with a Sonova badge. :sweat_smile:

Wait, wait, wait - that would be the HD600S.

that would certainly be lame

That’s too much work.

2 Likes

it will certainly be interesting to see what will come out of this, anything could happen with a company transfer i suppose

“With the takeover of the company’s consumer business, Sonova is adding headphones and soundbars to its hearing care portfolio”

i don’t know what they mean by that but this is what has me worried a bit

So Sennheiser already had this Product X made and tested long ago.
It’s just marketing and convenience that just after the merge “here’s a new headphone”.
They have had these plans long before they come to day light.

1 Like

well, i don’t want to cause panic attacks, but maybe you can google translate this german article from n-tv:

They suspect, that one of the main reasons for acquiring the Sennheiser brand, is for selling OTC hearing aids. The company also sees growth opportunities in the wireless headphones business, among other things, and wants to get access to younger people, that currently listen to music, but will develop hearing problems with age eventually. That last point is actually damn funny
 imagine a PA speaker company also selling hearing aids lol