đź”· Sennheiser HD 620S

This is the official thread for the Sennheiser HD 620S

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Closed Back 42mm DD

:red_circle: Sennheiser Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

6 Likes

I need a new set of mixing/mastering headphones. I am really leaning toward the MDR-MV1 Open Back Reference Monitor Headphones. These Senns intrigue me, though. From the graph and marketing, the 620s is geared towards non-critical listening instead of creative output purposes?

Consider the Sony MDR-CD900ST, if you want a cheaper one.
I dunno how it compares with the MV1 though, I expect the MV1 to be more comfortable at least like the M1ST (which I also have but prefer the CD900ST despite being less bassy).

1 Like

My knee-jerk reaction is this is a 5xx series closed-back offered at a 6xx series price.

3 Likes

Interested in hearing listening impressions and seeing how it graphs out. I came from having my last Senn closed back set (HD 598cs) which was…eh, not that good…too “mid”. The open back HD 400 Pro’s (HD 560s rebadge with matched drivers and better build) that I recently got are just so much better in comparison. We shall see… :headphones:

DIY-Audio-Heaven has a breakdown of the headphone up, just came across this page on his site.

5 Likes

reading the description on Senn’s announcement page, these are not not mixing / mastering headphones…they’re for music and gaming / streaming.

it will be interesting to see how these compare to the HD6 family and I hope that they help breathe new life into the series as they’re quite mature, even if some refreshes have been done as of late.

3 Likes

I was just telling my friends in Discord the same thing yesterday, that they seem focused on the gaming community. We shall see how they turn out once they get in the hands of the general public.

2 Likes

Yeah, they seem more “accurate” and approaching the HD 600 line with similar qualities but not for critical mixing/mastering situations. If they take well to EQ, you probably “could” get things closer to the target for using them in that capacity. More upcoming listening impressions and reviews are going to serve as a good reference point. :notes:

2 Likes

Yes, they seem be directing users to the Neumann range for mixing cans.

1 Like

Does the HD620 get better with break in? Tbh I donno how long the demo unit in zepp has being run in but the bass is very one noteish with recessed mids and high treble along with bellow average microdetails.Tbh the HD560 is significantly better even in the bass imo even though its open back.

I was just curious about honest reviews on YouTube and came across this one. A no-frills, no graphs, just honest listening review from an owner. It’s actually his only video he has open to the public, figured he’d just want to get it out there from one Senn fan to those interested in this set.

I am sure more reviews will come, but figured I’d share what I found in case someone finds this useful in their decision making process. I myself was interested but after hearing what he mentioned, and how much I love my current HD 400 Pro’s, I am passing and holding out for something else in the closed back area. Of course, that’s just me…give it a try for yourself and return if it doesn’t suit your taste. :+1:

5 Likes

what was the source chain they were plugged into when you tried them?

That saved me some money spent. thanks

2 Likes

Glad it helped :+1:

2 Likes

Hiby R6 pro 2 and Fiio Q7

1 Like

Discover the closed-back Sennheiser HD 620S headphones experience!

DMS’s (and Resolve’s) take on these cans. :headphones:

1 Like

Sennheiser HD 620S vs Meze 99 Classics Closed back headphone shootout!

Folks who own or have listened to 620S, is it a closed back worth considering to complement HD600?

I’m currently using ZMF Bokeh (cannot be carried easily) and DCA Aeon 2 Noire (Needs a lot of power to drive) and was looking to get a relatively easy to drive and easy to carry closed back.