Sennheiser HD 650 vs 6xx vs 660S

Which one do you recommend?

Crack or TA-26 is OTL so you want and OTC, that would be S.E.X or Mainline. I have Mainline, it’s fantastic.

Which one would make vocals stand out more? And bass?

I think Crack, depending on tubes you are using.

Which options should i pick out, i don’t know what i am looking at lol

TA-26 is very affordable and smaller in size. And HD8xx/800S.

You’re bordering on needing to pay the man a commission.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, i think the Bottlehead won’t last the test of time, since it is made out of wood, plus it will $600 or $700 with options and maybe more for shipping and tax. plus you have to build it yourself, which has room for error

The TA-26 should be all i need for now, until i can afford the HD8xx or 800S

I will probably use the Asgard3 to power the 600 and 650 for now, until i save money for the TA-26

Bottlehead is amazing. Almost everybody would tell you to get Crack instead of TA-26. But TA-26 on sale is just $271, it’s dirt cheap. Then you can do tube rolling :fire:.
If you have HD600 already don’t waste your money on HD650/6xx. HD660S is a little different but not much. HD8xx/800S would be totally new sound and for many like me it’s the endgame.

If I do decide to get Crack in the future, which options should I check off, because I don’t know what I am looking at and need.

Are you satisfied with 8xx without EQ?

Speedball option

I don’t like EQ - it messes up the sound. And HD8xx don’t need it.

Is there an alternative to the Bottlehead Crack, where you don’t need to build it yourself and sounds just as good, if not better? I work a lot and I don’t have time and tools to do it with.

TA-26 is the one

Do I need a DAC to run this, if so, what do you recommend to compliment the vocals mainly, then the bass, treble and details?

That’s a much more complicated question. I like to watch iiWi, he has most popular DACs on his channel.

Just received my HD6xx and am using it with T-26 and topping E50.

I cant believe how good they are for $150.

I was really disappointed with the T-26 with all my other headphones including Edition XS, SR2, MDR ZR7 but with the hd6xx it just make them sing.