đŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD600

They’re more tuned to be a neutral headphone with more of a focus on the mids. The bass isn’t that great, and is the main reason the hd650 exists imo, but that’s no bass monster either

Would the hd600 be a worthy upgrade from the hd58x? I bought the 58x when i had no amp or dac so it makes sense to upgrade headphones now. However, I don’t know if this would be a noticeable step up.

It depends because it’s a different sound signature. The 58x has actually decent sub bass and extended treble, where the 600 is a little rolled off in those regards. The build and comfort are pretty much the same. The 600 also doesn’t have as good imaging and soundstage as the 58x imo. The 600 excels at a neutral signature with great midrange timbre

1 Like

I’ve been listening to these headphones off of a La Figaro 339 tube amp and they sound better than almost all my other high end headphones on the right tracks. I have some ZMFs coming, and I hope to get even more out of this amp with them, but holy hell do these headphones transform running off of a semi-decent tube amp. I also own the 6xx but to my ears these do even better on tubes than they do

2 Likes

IMO the HD-600 is the best of the 58* 6** Senn and MD cans. I think the 650 is a veiled, muddy attempt tp pump in some bass.

I’ve listened to these for 4 years on my Rag 1. Accurate mids for accoustic music - only the Voce may be better (800 S better can but not for mid purity). Then a friend lent me a BH Crack with the update, and whoa! Much better Buying a used 600 and BH Crack - and you’re under $800 with supreme sonics. On the BHC its amazing how the bass fills in from 60 Hz down to 30 Hz. On the Rag there is nothing there.

I don’t like any of the pads except the original Senn’s.

1 Like

As long as I own tube amps, I will own a pair of HD600s. I only own the 6xx to compare them to, but I agree that they sound much better. Plenty of bass off a tube amp. I also prefer the 6xx off of tubes, but not nearly as much

1 Like

HD 600 color refresh being sold

3 Likes

It looks a lot better to me, personally.

2 Likes

I kinda preferred the old marble look

1 Like

It was definitely unique. So I can understand that.

found a used pair for 180
good deal?

2 Likes

That’s pretty good if they are in good condition and come with all the stuff

I think getting reasonably ‘fresh’ looking pads is important to take into account with the price too
 if they look really worn, you might have to buy new pads which are usually around $50 or so.

1 Like

Yes, getting new pads is something you want to factor in

unless i’m getting bamboozled, they actually look tip top. the plastic still looks new and shiny. very minimal wear that I can see

1 Like

What color are the pads? And do they look stiff or squished?

black and stiff :wink: lol
They look better than the ones on my 6XX’s

1 Like

It seems like it’s in good condition lol

Hmm. I wonder why they did this. I had the impression they were discontinuing it?

Is the new color hd600 any different sound wise to the old?