đŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD600

Different build but similar sound. But throughout the years the 600 did sound different throughout it’s lifetime with batch differences and things (like any headphone that runs that long)

Is it worth it if I already own the 6XX?

To my ears they’re very close
 more of a side grade than an upgrade

The line HD580 - HD600 - HD650 is the reason Sennheiser is so highly regarded. For decades these headphones have provided a reference against which others are judged and a default recommendation if people just want good headphones. Not that long ago they were considered high end, now they are quite modestly priced in a world full of expensive headphones yet in terms of sound quality these are probably as good as anyone needs to go for just enjoying music. The more expensive HD700, HD800 never captured the magic these had in my view and the HD660 added nothing. Some products are style and image, these are all substance and deserve their stellar reputation. Even build quality, they feel low rent and plasticky but are actually extremely well built and durable, my HD580 is probably over 25 years old and still rock solid.

3 Likes

Let’s not even get on Sennheiser a lackluster ability to produce iems.

The 600 pulls ahead on a tube imo

2 Likes

Shoot
 not buy a landslide I hope?

Decent margin but it depends on how high of a tube amp you are going

I just got a dark voice. does this good with the default tubes?

It’s pretty decent out of the box, upgrading them in the future can be fun, can tune the amp to your liking. There are a few darkvoice tube rolling threads to check out if you do want to start swapping

2 Likes

What price point does the 600 really start to pull ahead?

Upper 600 range and above imo

1 Like

wow. cant wait to try it. dont know when i’ll be getting that dark voice. i got it on drop on sale

Which do you prefer on solid state out of curiosity?

The 650 imo (but definitely the 660s if possible)

I was hoping our opinions would differ here lol (660s isn’t in the cards this year)

I mean admittedly I much prefer the 600 on a tube to the 650 or the 660s if that makes you feel any better lol. But on solid state the 660s is my pick

I preferred the 650 to the 600 but now hearing the 600 is better with tubes is a bit of a blow lol so I was hoping you preferred the 600 on ss so maybe I’d still prefer 650 on tubes 
 600 I found to be more forward and energetic so it does makes sense they pair well with a tube

I mean reasonably they are still close, I wouldn’t worry about it and just enjoy your tube setup imo

Oh yeah I don’t intend to
 the 650s are the greatest thing ever to my ears atm and I won’t be breaching the $600 range anytime soon

1 Like