đŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD600

Also to clarify with that post, I think the 600 starts to pull ahead when you have a tube amp over the 600 usd range, just saying to clarify lol

Yeah that’s what I gathered from it :+1:

1 Like

If you don’t care for tubes but still want some better extension into the other frequencies, the R70x are always an option.

2 Likes

I mean for casual listening I would want them on a tube too lol

That is true lol. R70x also work well on tubes but most say they prefer the 600 on tubes.

Interesting
 these were nowhere near my radar

Yep, basically Audio-Technica making a better version of the HD600 with better bass extension. If you were using a solid state they would probably be better. The 600 though on a tube probably win for pleasurable listening.

1 Like

Damn
 this sounds like something I need to hear

Yeah the r70x is basically a better choice for studio on solid state, as they are similarly tuned but have a bit more soundstage, more extension in bass and treble, and also a bit better on solid state than the 600 imo. But also herder to drive

1 Like

Vocals are as good as 600/650?

I think so imo. It really is audio technica looking at the 600 thinking “we can do that better”. But it isn’t as intimate with a bit more studio signature so it depends

1 Like

You can check them out here if you want.

.ca my friend lol they’re on the list now :+1:

1 Like

Just got the new Sennheiser HD 600. great to see the blue marble gone. its all in a nice dark grey. But im a little surprised at the packaging. I had the old one and it came with its own nice case incased in foam. This one came with no case. just cheap cardboard package and a plastic bag :frowning:

Sound great though. even better than i remembered. makes me wonder if they improved the sound, I dont hear a veil :flushed:

4 Likes

Oh right, I remember seeing some posts about Sennheiser cutting costs on packaging for the new HD600. Well, as long as it sounds good, right?

Don’t say that lol. :grimacing:

1 Like

And I’m on Amazon checking these out

1 Like

Thought they’d be like $250 with cheaper packaging. One review on Amazon talks about the coating having issues when stretching the headband. Ant, let us know how it goes.

I’ve heard this mentioned about the 58x too

1 Like

Apperently we have a newer revision of the HD600
1 Like