šŸ”¶ Sennheiser IE600

This is the official thread for the IE600

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: In Ear
  • Amp needed: No
  • Driver Type: Single DD

:red_circle: Sennheiser Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviewsā€¦

2 Likes

Also sharing this:
P.S. I strongly dislike the shell aestheticsā€¦

2 Likes

Crinacle:

Joshua Valor:

4 Likes

Zirconium? Gosh that sounds cool. But also, waayyy overkill and wastefulā€¦and ugly, lol. Good thing IE600 sounds amazing (apparently) because it ainā€™t gonna sell based on looks lol.

2 Likes

are they available to buy yet?

1 Like

Review from Korean reviewers:

Hopefully you can auto-translate.

FYI, they say IE600 is rather source dependent. And it reminds them of HD600/650 - very reference, depending on the source.

2 Likes

I got to test it for the last couple of days.

To summarize:

I really like the tonality (V-Shape, a lot of bass, voices are very forward and clear, quite a bit of air). I dislike the lack of resolution (maybe characteristic to single-DD IEMs?).

The comfort/fit is ok, but nothing special. Other IEMs are more comfortable to me.

The included cables are pretty bad (microfonic).

4 Likes
3 Likes

I think the only reasons I would fork out 700 USD for a single DD are for stellar coherency and timbre. Problem is, I canā€™t distinguish coherency issues yet (I guess I havenā€™t listened to IEMs with terrible coherency to really know?), so not sure Iā€™d settle on a single DD endgame for that benefit.

Timbre I can hear and support, but I donā€™t know if that alone is worth it. Like you said, you often get better imaging and technicalities in a 700 USD hybrid/tribrid vs DD. I got the Oxygen and thought thatā€™d be my endgame, but now I have a hybrid and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m ok with its coherency and timbre.

2 Likes

If anything, my conclusion with the IE600 was: I donā€™t like DD timbre :sweat_smile: (at least not for 700$)

Get the Geek Wold GK10 then. :joy:

kazuma-why-you-little

8 Likes

I wonder what you mean by this - by timbre, I mean the way the instrument or vocalist sounds as ā€œI know or have experienced in real life.ā€ Do you mean you prefer the way instruments/notes sound on a different driver tech, like BA or planar? Or you donā€™t care about timbre enough to justify 700 USD?

Haha no thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

Let my try to explain what I experience (which may or may not be what is actually happening):

When I listen to the Timeless for example, there are audibly fast transients. If there is a good recording of a guitar, I can hear the micro details in the picking of the metal string and the characteristic sounds of the metal itself. It is not necessarily what I would describe as ā€œrealisticā€ and more as ā€œaccurateā€ or ā€œdetailedā€. If you take a DD in contrast everything sound much more smoothed over in the details, which to me seems to be the result of slower transient speeds, which I interpret as the diaphragm swinging longer than it should and giving a less acurate reproduction (kind of like a mini reverb).

So timbre might not be the correct term (I donā€™t know), but it is something I found to be characteristic of DDs at any price point. I personally havenā€™t heared any IEM below the price point of the S12 with great details and resolution, so I donā€™t mind for cheap IEMs to have this characteristic, but if I spend 700$ I want something more resolving than the IE600 (or any single DD I have heared so far).

And just as a reference: While the Blessing 2 is neither planar nor EST, I found itā€™s drivers to be more resolving than the IE600. So itā€™s not just a planar or EST thing for me.

3 Likes

it sounds like you prefer the faster decay of planars and BAs over DDs. Not timbre.

3 Likes

But maybe you can enlighten me: what exactly would I be listening for? Like a gap in some frequency where the BAs crossover? Or you hear ā€œpassing overā€ to BAs?

You will hear how the different drivers are all trying to do their own thing.

Like imaging multiple people singing the same track with different langauges at the same time. :rofl:
Thats how bad the coherency in the GK10 is, the drivers are all trying to do their own thing.

1 Like

Cool, thatā€™s how I imagined it but so far havenā€™t experienced it (fortunately lol). I guess Aladdin and Canon have decent coherency.

2 Likes

My review of the Sennheiser IE600 is out!

10 Likes

Very nice. Out of curiosity, what do you like about the IE300 that makes it special vs the IE600/IE900?

2 Likes