Sennheiser's new IE 300

I ended pulling the trigger for these.

They are now on Amazon (Spain) for 197€ with returning policy until the 31 of January 2022 (they start to apply Christmas return policy).

So, let’s try :slight_smile:

5 Likes

how was it?

Opsie, I forgot that I wrote here…

So, I returned them one week after purchase.

They sounded very weird and wacky to me. It was really weird, I couldn’t explain exactly why, but I think that Crinacle explained it very well on the IE 600 video.

I don’t care if a headphone or IEM is V shaped, or if mids are recessed. That’s exactly what I wanted. But the way the treble is elevated is not right, at least for my tastes. The issue is an imbalance between the way is recessed in the upper mids - lower treble, and how they have elevated the treble.

Built quality was great, and general sound quality was ok. But the tuning was something that I knew immediately that I was going to dislike and I will not get used to them.

The FHE, for example, might be hot on the upper mids (like trumpets) when you push the volume up, but otherwise, they are OK and I can get used to them and enjoy music very much.

I really wanted the IE 300 to be good, but I really cannot adapt to them.

2 Likes

For those interested in replacing the weird stock cable, here is a perfect (at least for me) and cheap option. This is the KBEAR Rhyme cable, it comes with a thin red and black ring on the mmcx connector which prevents it from clicking, but those rings are very easy to remove and then they fit like a glove.

Now i can finally enjoy these without the annoyance of that crappy cable Sennheiser decided to use.

From what i read another option is to remove the rings on the IEMs themselves, they are only glued in, but i prefer to temper with the cable instead.

Hope this helps!

7 Likes

I can definitely vouch for the KBear cable. It has made using the ie300 so much more enjoyable.

3 Likes