Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

Portable endgame? (Inspired by @Mr_Makua :beers:) (hip dac received today)

29 Likes

Niiiiiiice! It’s a solid portable combo for sure. Lots of juice in that little flask.

It is a lot smaller than I thought it was lol

Same here! Looks like you are using single ended output at the moment. Have you tried balanced yet? I have a cable coming from Hart in a week or two. Looking forward to trying it out.

im currently deciding on a cable :+1: im curious as well

Some headphones, DIY stands, 2 amps, 2 dacs, a hidden Zen Dac, and I use a flashed bios Wyze cam as web cam for Zoom meetings.

Main config: DAC Soekris 1541. Amp Violectric V281. Diana V2....

The Soekris 1541 headphone out plays music, nothing noteworthy.
Hagerman Audio Labs Tuba has been collecting dust since I’ve got the Violectric.
I like the Zen DAC, Modius I no longer need.
Clears and Nighthawks have been getting used a lot.
The rest I pulled out of boxes or storage for this pic.

31 Likes

helios in endgame? ant approves

4 Likes

Very nice. I like your desktop background too.

1 Like

What do you think of the Helios FBizzle?

1 Like

Nice stands. What padding did you use? I want to build something similar.

1 Like

@ericg Well to be honest, I wanted to run to the hardware store to get the black pipe insulation. They closed early in my area so I just used a pool noodle. I covered it with black shelf liner.

@WaveTheory Skyline of Los Santos right there

@Antpage2 @Jose_G not enough info

3 Likes

The how is that Wyze cam as web cam…I’ve been curious about that? Also sweet setup

1 Like

I find it as the ideal web cam. Has a magnetic base so it just sticks to my monitor and able to move around as needed. Quality is actually better than expected.

1 Like

I hear you on the tube taking a back seat. Today I am doing some A-B’ing between my MAD tube amp and my V220 Violectric. Both are great for efficient headphones, but I think the Violectric sounds much fuller. The tubes do something fun with the sound, but the Vio sounds full with solid bass.
The Violectric just seems to do everything well. I can certainly see the V281 as a one size fits all unit.

1 Like

Current bedroom endgame:

TV: Sony XBR55X900F- Important because it has Bluetooth for nighttime listening, and I can turn just the screen off when I only want to listen to music.

NVIDIA Shield: for all streaming with a visual interface, mainly Tidal, some Spotify…

Dac: Topping D50s

Speakers: Mackie MR624, Pangea DS400 Speaker stands

iPad Pro/iPhone: Monolith THX Portable, Monoprice USB DAC Amp

Table/Stand: Odyssey CTBC2048 height adjustable DJ table ( needed height adjustable for end of bed )

Bed: Purple 3 Hybrid ( important cuz my ass sits here for hours)

14 Likes

Spend some time cleaning up cables and making the headphone amp easier to get to:

Headphones:
Modhouse Argon MKIII (Fostex T50rp MKIII Mod)
Sennheiser HD 650
Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee
Massdrop x Hifiman HE-4xx (Dekoni Premium Sheepskin pads)
Monoprice Monolith M1060 (ZMF Auteur Pads – Suede pads)
Sony MDR-V6 (Thailand version, Shure 1540 pads)
Beats Studio3 ( Dekoni Audio Elite Sheepskin pads)

EIM:
TinHiFi T2
BLON BL-03
BLON BL-05

AMP:
SMSL SP-200
Darkvoice 336SE

DAC/AMP:
SMSL M500 v2

DAC:
Grace SDAC-Balanced

Passive Preamp:
Shiit Sys

Monitors:
JBL Professional LSR305

Lots of Hart Audio Cables!

17 Likes

Nice legs, do you work out? =P

2 Likes

whoa, zeos just did a video of those and he really liked it. doesnt tell you much though, he kinda likes everything. but how do they sound? are they dark, warm, v shaped, neutral, balanced?

Zeos did a review on the Sony MDR-CD900st (2010s), believe it or not, a newer headphone. The MDR-V6 (1985) is the very first in Sony’s MDR series, originally made in Japan, these are a fan favorite, mine are a later revision when they moved production to Thailand. They have a distinctly V-shaped sound signature. The MDR-7506 (1991) and other later revisions were made to bring up the mids and make them more true Studio Monitors, by request from studios. The MDR-V6 were my very first audiophile headphones.

Lol sorry for the hair

1 Like