Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

Should I share the transaction page from Massdrop with the THX AAA 789 and the Topping D70 I have on order? :laughing::smile:

I’ll snap a pic this fall when it arrives!!

3 Likes

Here’s my setup in my nightstand. Closed back so as not to annoy my wife (too much).

18 Likes

Vibro Labs Zebrawood T50RP mod with custom connectors with Brainwavez gaming gel pads through a Monoprice Monolith THX Desktop. Mk2 Argons are waiting to be modded by Ryan. One day I’ll pick up a pair of Ether CX for what I imagine will be my personal endgame.

11 Likes

EDIT: Topping DX3 Pro, Topping PA3, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro, Micca MB42X

11 Likes

Very nice, everyone!

Here’s my desk setup. Atom with a Tone Board and Focal Elexes.

Am I saying that right? Just Focal Elex? Elexi? Focals Elex (like Attorneys General)? Hmmmm…

14 Likes

College has cameras for us to use so I figured I would snap a few pics of my gear while I’ve got one. Not used to a nice camera yet. Currently loving my ZMF Ori and Cavalli Liquid Carbon V1

10 Likes

So. This has happened. After few years.
And its an old photo since have not taken a newest one yet. Small black ones have been changed to white JBL’s.

Marantz preamp with Atmos, Auro and DTSx
The Main Set: running 5.2.4 setup
Front: Genelec 1237A
Center: Genelec 8351A
Floor Surround: Genelec 8351A
Ceiling Surround: Genelec 8320A
FunWoofers: Genelec 7270A x 2
Cables: Digital AES/EBU 110ohm - Atlas & Cordial

TV Gear:
JBL 305P, Limited Edition.
Pro-Ject MayA
Cables: Atlas + Monster

It has been a “on going change” for last 10 years… but close to Present but not the Final Endgame. If there is any end?

13 Likes

This is where i mostly listen to music at home :

For the headphones i use a Schiit stack (Magni3, Modi2) to drive the HD58x and Hifiman HE-4XX (and my phillips fidelio x2).

As for the speaker setup, they are a pair of Bowers&Wilkins 685s2 driven by an Argon DA2 dac/amp. I would prefer to use the Modi dac, but my amp has a fault with the analogue line in, as it makes an ever present “hissing” sound when line-in is selected (and is out of warranty), so i have to use its built in dac. Its an ok dac, but it lacks support for 24bit resolution i.e.

There is also a Cambridge Audio Minx x201 sub (6,5" driver with 2 passive 6,5" radiators under the desk to help with the bass. Its not the best placement for it, but its where it fits without being in the way all the time :slight_smile: At low volumes it disappears a bit - but on higher volumes it gets a bit boomy due to the placement. Still pretty impressed by the tiny sub though, and with better placement it sounds quite a bit larger than it is…

9 Likes

For probably 90% of my music listening I prefer my HE-500s to the Z1R, but with music that really plays to the Z1R’s strengths there’s nothing else like them.

I had to buy the TA-ZH1ES because I’m a Sony shill, and it didn’t feel right not owning it. It’s delightful though, particularly through balanced. I’m considering selling off my other amps, but if I did that I’d just be freeing up cash for other stupid purchases.

13 Likes

This is my current setup I use for gaming and occasional music listening. I know the Sound Blaster X7 gets meme on hard by the audiophile community but it was meant to be use with gaming and not music listening. The software it comes with makes it for me the go to gaming AMP/DAC combo until my new gear comes in then I’ll used it for console gaming when or if I ever stop pc gaming.

I have my SU-8 I just got from a Drop.com order now I’m waiting for my THX AAA 789 to come in

I also have a few more items pre ordered or on the way like the AIRIST AUDIO R-2R DAC to go with the 789 and a few IEM’s. I want to get a good tube AMP and was looking at the EDDIE CURRENT ZDT JR. from Drop.com

9 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sennheiser HD58Xs
Denon AVR-1312
Not shown: Fluance SX6 speakers.

AVR used as my computer DAC. No hiss. May have high distortion, I don’t even know. Sounds great and is convenient because everything is plugged into it. (Computer + ps3 to headphones + speakers). Can do 24bit/192khz. 100$ on eBay…!

11 Likes

hey what dac/amp combo is that? there seems to be a billion Topping products out there… how does it sound also?

On top is a Topping DX3 Pro. On bottom is a Topping PA3. They sound good.

2 Likes

Thats my current setup. Mostly using my beloved ZMF Aeolus on my Eddie Current ZDT Jr.

22 Likes

Weiliang e600 & Vibrolabs T50RP Kit $90-120 depending on the op amp, now i just have to find the right DAC. I might get an SU-8 so I can go fully balanced. Never before have I heard a T50RP rattled so much as in it actually laughs in the face of an Argon. Trondheim sweats below! Just for reference I have had a THX 788.

12 Likes

SU-8, SYS, Garage 1217 Project Polaris, Vali 2. Polaris will be replaced by RNHP or Atom, depending on how long I can wait :joy:

Dekoni Blue, 6XX, 4XX, DT770, HE 350, M40 fs

Neumann NDH 20 is downstairs with my Fender Telecaster and Line 6 HX Stomp. Mobius is downstairs as well.

Ananda is on my head.

14 Likes

Monoprice THX AAA 788, just waiting for my 789 to arrive so I can swap this out and use it as my secondary, Loxjie P20, SMSL SU-8, Schitt Magni 3 (not really in use anymore but haven’t gotten around to setting it up in another room), Topping NX4, ES100, and Fiio M11.
All played through the Fluance Ai40s, Tin P1s on the Tripowin C8 cables, Neumann NDH-20, Thieadio Phantoms with perforated Brainwav pads and the Sendy Audio Aivas. Have the Beyerdynamic DT990’s in another room that I do enjoy and consider part of my end game array. Just waiting on the MK3 Argons to really finish up… well until the next interesting thing!

14 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of “endgame category” stuff in two pictures. :ok_hand:

Funny how this cheap AF Loxjie P20 earned its place amongst hi-fi stuff, too. :slight_smile:

i’m working on my endgame. i have a few things coming in and should be here no later than September like the THX AAA 789, Airist Audio R-2R and Grace SDAC Balanced. i want to get a tube AMP, currently eyeing the Eddie Current ZDT Jr. oh and i’m also waiting for a few IEM’s Tin T2 and T2 Pro. i can’t wait.

5 Likes

How’s the Weiling Amp? It’s on my list. I joined the Balanced SDAC Drop. Putting together my end game setup. Already got the Tenchjim Oxygen IEMS with my v35 for my mobile setup.