Share your desk setup

hello. some small desk speakers would be nice, as to just have them for variation but i simply don’t need a pair, but a pair of speakers dedicated for the living room would be really nice and ive been eyeing the kef wireless 2 for a long long time, active as im more of a headphone guy, i have enough with mixing and matching the gear for my headphones but have understanding for those who like doing that for both of their systems.

no spacers under the computer and it is indeed right on the ground but it breathes just fine with the delidded CPU i have installed which dropped the temps around 15-20c after delidding.

i don’t see any other purpose to have it on top of the desk other than for the looks of it or just to show off a bit, which i used to do, i built it myself and enjoyed the looks very much, nowadays i’m more into clean minimalistic ITX chassies so thats my next whenever i do another build, i dust it maybe twice a year inside and vacuum the filter about the same, fan speed is a big player in dust accumulation but i havent had a dust issue with this system as the fans only run around 300-800 rpm depending on heat, 400-600rpm for the most part

the CPU never goes much over 85c no matter what games are running, it’s air cooled and always very quiet and having it below the desk the noise is even less

thanks for writing and feel to share your setup

Not sure this counts as not strictly a desktop set up but more a bedside rig as this is my only option for the foreseeable.(Mrs has Alzheimer’s)
All cables are routed round the back to avoid cluttering up the limited space and the extension cable is held by a magnetic so if I roll over it just pulls off the magnet rather than breaking something or yanking the whole set up onto the floor.

5 Likes

Roon ROCK > Mac Mini > Schiit Jotunheim I Multibit > JBL LSR310S Subwoofer (under the desk) > Adam Audio A5X Monitors

5 Likes

My little corner

5 Likes

THX 789 & Topping D10 Balanced

4 Likes

You guys all put me to shame - apparently I should be paying more attention to aesthetics.
Here’s what I got

Main headamp setup

Secondary headamp setup

Roon core and miscellaneous stuff switches and CD ripper

Game desk setup

Xtra headphone storage (Note that LCD-24 is not mine, it’s a loan)

I’m not sharing my WFH office setup - too much work stuff strewn about, but it is pretty much the same as the primary desk except E30 DAC, Atom Amp, Sivga Phoenix and a Cambridge Audio 2.1 speaker/sub setup.

2 ch area of the man cave also not shown since the scope is desktop setups.

6 Likes

I will show this entire 8ft desk when I’m ready.

5 Likes

My humble setup

6 Likes

Got one of those elac subs, rockin little guy for $109 amabucks. Seen low as $98.00.

1 Like

ok actually epic. amazingly clean and picture perfect. good work

1 Like

took some time to clean up and i feel much happier with where it is now, altough a pc holder below my standing desk would be ideal, would have had my sound system attatched beneath the table as well so if anyone have any suggestions for that then that would be appreciated

updated

the back was a mess

before

3 Likes

would be nice to see it lit but pretty cool, nice setup

1 Like

thats great! mind sharing the desk space?

Just finished my desktop setup what you guys think ?

5 Likes

There is a need for a sub to get your TT to dance :stuck_out_tongue:
Otherwise looks nice and compared to my cable and amp mess, clean :blush:

I have never seen a desktop set-up that included a turntable, I don’t think.
Cool!

heres my home desk set up (balanced)

speakers
whardale 12.2
klipsch rp-600m
Triagle BR03

Sub
SVS sb-2000

Stands
Kanto hd6
Sanos 24 inch
Pantera 36 inch

Displays
Echo show
HP Z display 24’’ vertical 2k

Lenovo AIO 5,11gen intel i7 27’’ QHD
16gig ram
250 ssd
1tb hdd

Dac
Sabaj A20d

Mono Amp
Sabaj A20a
Sabaj A20a

HP Aamp
Xduoo Mt 604
Monoprice THX 887

Speaker/signal switch
two Solupeak P2
Little bear 1 in 3 out XLR
(X channel also has Harrison Labs XLR FMOD Inline Crossover)

Headphones

Hifiman Edition XS
HD650
Meze 99 classic
Fostex Dekoni Blue

Cardas A8 30th anv

If interested i can do my

Work Desk 2.1 set up
Work Cabin 2.1 set uo
Home Theter set up 7.2 set up

All working man Prices… nothing too exsotic

3 Likes

question, why 3 sets of speakers?

This is pretty nice, have to say.
It’s so different than you would normally see being used.

Is this 3 speaker setup your way of changing the flavor of sound?

Yep, three flavours,
Wharfdales 12.2 , warmest and smooth
Klipsch, detailed
Br03, fun v shaped, plus they are closest to the wall for are the front ported first and more room as they move out.

its set up so it all switched and can also pre out the tube amp to the speakers if wanted.

I also have the speakers on a hightpass filter in conjuction with the sealed sub.

4 Likes