Share your home theater setup

Bro this is super clean, love it, this is definitely the way

1 Like

New set up in my new house, I’m waiting for the denon h3700x to go on sale

6 Likes

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
Photo threads are the best.

Those are klipsch THX ? You set them at full range ?

nope, I have them crossed over at 80hz, I think they sound better that way, I tried 50hz where they drop off at and they didn’t have as much dynamics.

1 Like

Harmon/Kardon AVR920 and a old set of Klipsch Forte II. Klipsch center speaker and 10" powered sub. Klipsch in walls in the back.

I have been slowly working on this for awhile now. recent additions are 65" Sony 4k and Klipsch center channel

Edit: Denon AVR X2100W, Samsung blue ray, Klipsch 10" sub and Klipsch R-620F left/right and next will be upping my surrounds possibly. Right now they are definitive tech pro cinema 600 speakers.

11 Likes

This is the custom made home theater myself and my dad did with a professional company in Spain for our new family home.

It’s a 7.2.4 dolby atmos setup

Equipment used:

Front speakers : x3 Artcoustic Spitfire 8-4s

Surround speakers: x4 Artcoustic Spitfire 6-3s

Height/in ceiling speakers: x4 Artcoustic Sl Architect 2-1s

Projector : Sony 4K 760 Es

Receiver: Audio Control concert Avr 9

Amps : Artcoustic PDA1000 x2

Screen : 120 inch acoustically transparent screen by screen research

Subwoofers : x2 Artcoustic control 1s

TV : LG c9 55 inch

Everything is controlled with crestron via iPad

19 Likes

Excellent.

Man, I love this! Great job.

I have to say, there are some very sweet setups at play out there. Well done! I just tore my current system completely apart today. I had a lovely Denon AVR-2808ci based system with matched Denon CD and DVD player firing into the Complete JBL Northridge speaker system with the mighty E90 up front and Sony 150W sub.

The Denon has been a great receiver, but technology caught up with it. So I finally moved it out and replaced it with an Onkyo TX-SR444. I bought this thing in 2016! But I was stubborn about the 2808 the new Onkyo sat in the box for 4 years. Fast forward to today, the 2808 has been sounding just a little off lately, so I finally broke the Onkyo out of the box and made the switch.

Needless to say there was quite a bit of cleaning to do in the cabinet and so on. And I replaced quite a bit of the cabling (World’s best, baby!) Great stuff. I got these really nice shorting wires so that I could reverse the bi-wiring on the JBL’s that I had with the Denon. But the finished system is simple and clean. Sounds great too and I haven’t even tuned it yet. My brand-new 4 year old system is a nice switch. TV is a LG 55-inch OLED.

The Denon DVD player bit the dust a long time ago so I have a nice little Sony doing DVD player duties. Everything cabling wise except the speakers is digital, so that is nice. I really like how it turned out.

Edit: I couldn’t think of a better test of the new setup than to throw Stargate on. Oh my Gosh. This is cool! It’s so much better. Picture is off the charts good. Audio is about the same. This is cool!

6 Likes

Current setup. Newest addition is the display, Sony 65" X750H. Sourced from blu-ray discs using the Sony UBP-X700 which feeds video to the TV and multi-channel audio over second HDMI to the receiver. The receiver is a Pioneer VSX-920 used in 5.1
Speakers

• Front right/left: Wharfedale Diamond 11.2
  • Center channel: Klipsch RC42
  • Subwoofer: Klipsch R-12SW
  • Rear right/left: Wharfedale Diamond 10.2

Mighty please with how it sounds and looks in the space. The front Wharfedales have terrific imaging and get super wide. The R-12SW is honestly shit for music but after dialing in the placement for movies it’s a lot of fun, Pacific Rim Kaiju fights feel suitably awesome.

8 Likes

Those wharfedales real lookers. :star_struck:

2 Likes

They’re absolutely gorgeous! I have to keep the covers on during movies cuz they can be so distracting :laughing:

1 Like

From the ashes…

After finishing up with the main surround setup, I got everything cleaned up and noticed I had this pile of “leftover stuff”. All vintage to some degree, all still viable. So I thought… What the heck. Maybe I can throw something together for the bedroom. So I pooled all this together

• Denon AVR-2808ci
  • Toshiba HD CD/DVD player with HDMI and digital optical audio output
  • Mistubishi MS-10 speakers
  • Sony CD player

Again, more ripping and cleaning. I was in awe of how well the 2808 cleaned up. I never really used this HD player, but it’s a great unit. Paying CDs with the fiber optic digital connection to the 2808 - Holy Cow. The biggest surprise was the speakers, though.

I thought these MS-10s were dead. Oh Lord, they are anything but. These things kick ass! They deliver impeccable and powerful sound when paired with the 2808. I do need to get them up on stands. Can’t wait to hear them up at proper level. They are incredible. I put some Miles Davis and Quincy Jones Live at Montreux on and was stunned by how good it sounded. So now I have 3 completely different setups in the house, each one offers it’s own unique experience and flavor. I love it!

5 Likes

Making my way through another part of the Snyder cut tonight after finally getting my room properly set up this past weekend.

-LG 55" 4k (60 hz)
-Denon AVR X-1400H - I would like to upgrade to one that is going to have pre-outs for an amp or two not just for zones.
-XBOX Series X
-Polk SDA 2b
-Polk S20
-SVS PB-1000 Pro
-Still in search of a center channel

BEFORE: The dashed lines are rugs

AFTER: Waiting on a Nugget couch for the little one

6 Likes

This is the way.

Would be sick and cool and wonderful and scary and everything . :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Speakers: DALI Zensor 7
Subwoofer: J. Yazbek’s AAT Cube Rakt 12"
Amp: Denon AVR-X2400H
TV: Samsung Q7FN (QLED 55")
Sources: PS4 Pro, PS3 SS, Pioneer DVL-909 LD/DVD/CD player
Power: UPSAI ACF-2100T step down transformer/conditioner, GR Savage CDR-2200EX 220v conditioner

This one used to be a 5.1 Setup with Monitor Audio Bronze series speakers, but space constraints meant that the 5.1 surround was not satisfying enough, so i downgraded to a 2.1 setup with better main speakers and kept the oversized subwoofer.
I do want to upgrade the amplifier, while it does amplify the Zensors correctly, i would prefer an integrated amp instead of the receiver, the only way i use the HDMI ins and outs on it are for the TV ARC audio, this TV is newer which means that passing HDMI signals through the receiver before the TV can cause some handshake issues, so i just avoid using it anyway.
HEOS, however, is a decent streaming system and i use it all the time, it worked specially well with Apple Airplay when i had an iPhone.

6 Likes

That would be one hell of a center!

I do have a pair of Monitor 7’s that I was going to use 1 of them for a center, but was already told too big and no go.

That is a very interesting room size. Nice setup and way to use that space!

1 Like

Thanks mate!
The size is so peculiar because this used to be a second corridor back when my house was divided in two parts.