Share your home theater setup

The other problem is that a lot of these were poised for a refresh. My system is running off 15 year old tech that’s starting to die and I have no means to replace it atm
mainly my plasma which has been losing contrast the last few months.

Ha, i understand completely. I loved my plasma so much even after i purchased the 4k for my main HT room i left it in the closet for 2 years before just recently putting it up. I still miss the plasma though and my eyes twitch sometimes at the brightness of the 4k. Yes i know its more vivid and all but i really liked the lusciousness of the blacks on my plasma…

1 Like

Yeah, its why I’m ultimately gonna get OLED for my new TV replacement. Either LG or Panasonic (Panasonic has the best Color reproduction of any plasma and or OLED ever made). I dont think I need a QLED quantum dot tv that can blast me with shit as bright as the sun
Another fear is this tv was installed years ago by someone else and I’m not sure if the mounting gear is up to snuff with vesa mounts

1 Like

Mounts will be fine for the new TV, old tvs were heavier and the Vesa holes were farther apart to compensate.

Mounting gear with variable VESA mount’s is truly a great solution.
I bought a pro level stand with modular design solutions. 80kg / 176lbs for max weight so basically could have 2 x large TV’s since they weight nothing these days and just change the support beam to wider.

what brand of stand did you get?

Vogel’s Professional - F1844B Floor stand
https://www.vogels.com/en/p/

2 Likes

Denon 2500, 5.2.2 Atmos - Infinity R162, RC252, Micca MB42X surrounds, Micca M-10 subs,and Micca M-6C inceiling Atmos speakers. TV is Up High cuz we watch from recliners 15’ away. Bias lighting Helps Black level look Better on Samsung. Originally ran 3 Micca MB42XC for R -C- L but got Infinity R-C-L on Balck Friday Sale.

12 Likes

Now I know you guys will take the piss but this set up is on our barge/home, which has no permanent 240v hook up as we continually cruise, it’s powered by 6 x 110 Ah 12v leisure batteries via a Vetus 3000w inverter.
Cables are a pain too so we went with a Sonos Beam and 2 Play 1’s and a Sony Bravia TV we stream Netflix and Amazon movies plus we have a basic Blu-ray player…Not audiophile but you try running 250w Krell Mono blocks off of batteries lol…

8 Likes

With that kind of setup I can’t help but picture converting a small army of KSC75s into a massive Dolby Atmos array, lol. :rofl:

On a more serious note, you reminded me of the off-grid Roon setup I built last year, just 'cuz:

2 Likes

Wow, my first post will be showing how much of weebsd we are…
Hello Everyone
I fully re-did our home theater system about a year ago, and I am pretty happy with it (other than positioning trade offs)

7.1 surround

• Kef Q350 for FL&FR
  • Kef Q250C for Center
  • Kef Q150 for L&R
  • Kef Q150 for RL&RR
  • Paradigm Defiance X10 Subwoofer

I had to make a couple of positioning compromises, due to size of room and sectional
L Surround partially blocked (increase input to compensate)

Rear Left and Right height/angle due to space

I have also spent many hours and TOO MUCH money trying to get all older content (music, movies, and games) to all run through one system with centralized control (receiver was specifically bought for compatibility, and looks like it is on life support)

I look forward to being part of this community.
(Feel free to reach out in regards to how I utilize multiple consoles through one receiver, I have learned many tricks and useful components. Also, if you have anything interesting you are using that works well)

19 Likes

I just recently swapped out my front floor standing speakers with some Nubert nuLine 284. Like this my whole system except the 2 rears are nuLine now. For the ones not knowing Nubert - it’s a german direct distribution speaker/amp company. I started using their lower models about 8 years ago (nuBox models) and was so happy with them that I now decided it was time to upgrade to their higher model line.
Especially with the new floor standers in the front the whole music and home cinema experience has been lifted to another level.

With the last upgrade I also installed some Vicoustics Wavewood absorbers that also helped to improve the acoustics in the living room.

Here an overview of the main components of my home cinema:

Front: Nubert nuLine 284 powered by XTZ A2-300 power amp and RS-54 Atmos modules on top
Center: Nubert nuline CS-174
Rear: Nubert nubox DS-301 dipole
Sub: 2x Nubert nuLine AW-600 with DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033 S-II
AVR: Denon AVR-X4200W
Beamer: Sony VPL-HW40ES
Screen: 100" EliteScreens Saker Tab Tension CineGrey 5D
TV: Samsung UE65KS8080
Player: Nvidia Shield (2019), Samsung UBD-K8500

20 Likes

Beautiful setup!

3 Likes

I love how clean your setup is

1 Like

Got this 5.1 Canton chrono system from my parents when they moved to a smaller house. Really outstanding sound and clean design :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

dang that’s a clean look… very nice setup :beers:

1 Like

Looks good! Probably sounds good too. Also, is that the back half of a German Shepard or a Husky or some combination thereof in the first picture?

That is right, she is a german sheperd/american wolfdog combination :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Why are the rear surrounds so high up?
Clean setup otherwize but the placement caught my eye.

Good looking dog!

1 Like