Should I return my DT 770s Pro? Need recommendations

What do you think is the best in the price range?

Well I don’t really think one can declare something to be the best tbh lol. I agree with 880 600 ohm rec for sure, but it’s really hard to actually call a headphone “the best”

3 Likes

I meant for competitive gaming, but yes you’re right.

I much prefer the 371 over the 361 personally. The 361 had a brightness I did not enjoy. The 371 at least follows something I know I enjoy the Harman target. I feel as though you didn’t give the 4xx enough time tbh it takes time for those headphones to fully burn in

1 Like

The bass is better on the 371 from what I hear too.

Eh, even then depends on the game you want on some games like blops4 which is fast and very little downtime I much prefer something like a HD 599or 58x as the more immediate narrower soundstage is great for the fast action

The ad900x is pretty sweet too, pretty nice

I’m thankful for the recommendations. I was considering those, but when I looked at the measurements for them, there was very little power headroom left. Which made the potential performance, questionable. It did have enough power for the 880s to get “loud”.

The 880 600 does work fairly well on a k5 pro, they do sound pretty good from experience

1 Like

That is ultimately why I ended up get the 250 Ohms because I worried that the K5 Pro wouldn’t be able to handle high impedance.

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll be sure to look into all of these.

I own the game ones, the 6XX, and the 660s. Personally I find the game ones extremely comfortable and of all the gaming headsets i’ve gone through it was definitely the best in terms of comfort. For the senn headphones it took me a bit to adjust to their strong clamp, which will vary by head size/shape. After about a week of wearing the 6xx i didnt really feel the clamp. I tend to agree with DMS’s review of the 660s, they are good, and they are different to the other 600 series but I don’t think it’s significant enough to warrant the cost difference of 2-300 dollars. But if you can get a good deal it’s not a bad headphone. Would agree with most here that the 58X and 6XX are good upgrades to game ones

1 Like

The K5 Pro certainly has plenty enough power for the 600 ohm version if that is still an option for you. Higher quality than the 250 ohm.

I appreciate the feedback, I will definitely have to do some homework into both of those headphones.

They’re within the realm of possibilities. I was just scared that the K5 Pro wouldn’t be able to drive them.

1 Like

Yeah the Fiio K5 can power them no problem at all. I definitely recommend that 600 ohm version. It also tones down some sharpness in the treble, and imaging is more accurate and the overall sound is more refined.

Thanks, now I have to a lot to consider between the 58X, 6XX, and the DT 880’s. I appreciate everyone’s input. :slight_smile:

1 Like

6xx warm neutral ish intimate sounding harder to drive not great for gaming.
58x warm mid centric smooth headphones easy to drive. bassier than 6xx, much better imaging slightly wider soundstage
880 600 ohm very good for gaming really good detail for the price. neutral butbrighter than the other 2 the best for gaming overall out of the 3 due to having the best imaging out of the 3

3 Likes

It’s up to you, you should know the answer think about how you feel.
I was obsessed with getting dt 770 at some point for about a year when I did I felt very disappointed, didn’t like it sound signature at all they sound like I should use them for work not personal purpose.
LOVED BASS i think they look awesome, but other than that there are way to many cons for me personally, I kinda accepted them after a couple of days but ended up returning them after couple of weeks.
Got the k371 about a week ago, love them, they are awesome from the first song, brought them with me to bed, I never did that before.
They are not a bass monster that I’m always looking for but they are just end game for me I felt kinda bad at first for other headphones, but they are like open or different sound signature so i still love them for what they are.
Koss kph30i coming soon tho lol.