Should i upgrade my topping L30/E30 stack?

I’ve been running my L30/E30 stack for a year or 2 now and loved them, but I short-circuited both by accident. Instead of grabbing a new one, I wondered whether I should upgrade it to something else. I’m running the Sundara and have around $400 to $500 for a new stack or a combo.
Thanks in advanced :^)

1 Like

Do you plan on upgrading headphones in the future?

I’m not planning to upgrade my headphone for at least 3-4 years

Hhhmmmm for the price that stack is hard to beat.
I personally enjoy JDS labs EL/element amps for planars as it seems to handle the current needs better than most budget offerings.
Take this with a grain of salt as I haven’t hooked them up in a couple of years because of my equipment upgrades.

2 Likes

I can always rebuy the stacks if there are no alternatives to them. Thanks a lot for helping me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think there’s an actual new version of those with more power, so it’d technically be an upgrade if you just buy a new l30…

1 Like

Were they? I remember the only time they revised it was because of some faulty components killing IEM/headphones which is the rev I got

Yes, they released a Mk2. On the original L30 the output power was just 1W @ 32 Ohm (with a DAC that gives out 2V) and not as advertised with 2W. The Mk2 delivers 3.4W
The L30 Mk2 makes the L50 kind of obsolete, so the next step up would be a A30pro or A90 in the topping line up.

“Should I upgrade” is a very simple question to answer.

Can I afford to upgrade? No? → Don’t. Yes?
Will it make me happier? No?–> Don’t. Yes? → upgrade!

It’s a HOBBY. Just enjoy!

3 Likes

great talk, the good old stack worked well for me so I’ll probably go with it for now