Simgot EA2000 - Openback IEM: Moondrop Chaconne with a tiny subwoofer

@GooberBM great finding!! I ordered 5mm, 350 and 450 filter so I will play around with them. About the @hawaiibadboy 's YTvideo, I could tell he really wants to tune this set. Hope to see collaborated edition in the future (also hoping for 2 pin connector).

1 Like

It’s like an exact mirror of the IE900 which is interesting because iirc @hawaiibadboy wasn’t a big fan of the IE900

2 Likes

I’ve never heard UM Mest MK2 or Sennheiser IE 900. Anyone have either Mest Mk2 or IE 900 to compare?

1 Like

Second major English language review of EA2000 I’ve seen. It’s not a no lol

3 Likes

It’s a No for what they are asking. The tuning cable and peaky highs are a miss for me. Not enough value in today’s ChiFi competitive market.

In 2 months there will be 4 like this using passive radiator and for $120

1 Like

It’s a niche set, through and through. It’s going to be for people that are okay with a v-shape IEM with upper-midrange/treble emphasis over everything else, or likely the modding community.

I still am going to try it out, because I want to hear it for myself before I judge. But I don’t think this is one that the majority of our community is going to be particularly interested in

2 Likes

the 3.5mm blue tuning termination is meh- for me as well, I just used 4.4mm termination and put 450 tuning filter ($2.50 from aliexpress) on the nozzle. I am all set for now. no more peaky treble. Bass and distortion guitar sound is amazing with this IEM.
I hope HBB collaborates with Simgot with this one (2 pin and treble tuning similar to EA500). I guessthe price won’t go down if HBB steps in…

1 Like

Just another Goober observation of a graph that may be something interesting, especially for the DD crowd :face_with_monocle: :thinking:

3 Likes