Simgot EW200 The MAZE Un-Official Thread

Did you put the mesh screens directly on top of the existing dust screens?

@GoneToPlaid Yes, place directly over existing metal mesh screen on the nozzle. Don’t remove anything

I just finished adding the 4.8mm diameter 300 mesh filters from the DIY tuning kit for the EA500 to my EW200 nozzles. I could have sworn that I measured the EW200’s inner nozzle diameter at 4.7mm with my digital calipers, yet the 4.8mm filters from the tuning kit did fit precisely. Some quick listening tests revealed that these mesh filters mostly tamed the excess brightness in the upper midrange and slightly increased the bass and sub bass. I am still encountering some mild sibilance for β€œs” and β€œsh” sounds in female vocals. Even after adding these mesh filters, I am surprised with the overall details which the EW200’s dynamic drivers are able to deliver. I am also surprised that the bass and the lower midrange do not become a muddy mess on really busy classic rock tracks. The EW200’s drivers just might be the best dynamic drivers which I have heard in any ultra budget to moderately priced IEM in terms of overall performance and in terms of resolution and details.

3 Likes

Try the EPZ Q5 I thought it trumps the EW200 also a standout IEM

2 Likes