Simgot EW200 The MAZE Un-Official Thread

6458d988aa4044045.jpg_e600
6458d9889cecf2366.jpg_e600
6458d988809c65031.jpg_e600
6458d9876dc5d7496.jpg_e600

4 Likes

Hi Jason, thanks for inviting. It’s Fia here from Simgot. :wink:

Welcome to ask me anything about the ew200 Maze!

9 Likes

Thanks for accepting my invite. I am sure anyone asking a product related question you will be a valued contributer.
So Welcome Fia from SIMGOT.

3 Likes
1 Like

First listen for the EW200, SIMGOT you animals stop under-pricing your stuff.
Channel Matching again exelempary!

6 Likes

Are all EW200 “Maze” or is it a special release?

1 Like

That’s the code name for it, like EW100 is Shark

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

MY REVIEW AND SHOOTOUT BETWEEN SOME OTHER CONTENDERS.

SHOOTOUT

SIMGOT EW200 $39.99 vs

BLON HBB Z300 $35.99 vs

TRUTHEAR ZERO RED $54.99 vs

KIWIEARS CADENZA $34.99

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS:

EW200 –

The EW200 needs less than half the power of the other 3 making it the best choice for mobile use,

The overall tuning lends itself to a safe all-rounder and the most likely to pick up on a daily basis.

The EW200 has the best BASS not only in quantity but in quality and clearly shows the quality of drivers.

The EW200 also had the best upper mids and highs and that also comes out in its ability to present image placement and instrument separation and details clearly ahead of the other 3 in comparison.

BLON Z300 –

When I first reviewed this IEM my thoughts were the Z300 was a better more refined Cadenza, I still think that but overall I still prefer the Cadenza. The Z300 is the most laid back set out of the bunch.

KIWIEARS CADENZA –

While maybe not as refined as the Z300 , I believe it still uses a nicer driver and the bass is snappier and more refined with that distinct Beryllium driver. Easy my second choice in the group for value and overall tuning. There was a reason I thought the Cadenza was the best value under $40 in 2022 and now that has been Un Crowned by the EW200.

TRUTHEAR ZERO RED – I think this set was the most organic, most balanced and natural sounding of all the compared sets.

I was worried to throw this one the mix, Just because of the price factor differential between the other sets but I’m glad I did. Why was that? Because I got a chance to deep re-listen to this one and really appreciate what it does over the other three in a different way. I think the price difference between the other sets and the RED is worth the step up as a upgrade if you were looking for something different tuning wise. Where I see the Z300, Cadenza and the EW200 competing directly with each other.

The Zero Red is a different kind of tuning as well so I’m not sure if it directly competes with the other three and its price knocked it out of the Price to performance equation so its nice to see how a less expensive sets stacks up.

The RED has the deepest blackest contrast between the music and the background noise. It is more than noticeable and quite lovely making it the set I would pick up for a RESET SET or balanced option.

The stage for me beats out the EW200 by a hair. The Zero Red’s overall playback didn’t flinch at anything I threw at them. The Zero Red trade’s blows with the EW200 but done differently both were my favorite’s to listen to in this shootout.

HOW I WOULD RANK THE 4 IEM SETS TOGETHER IN THIS COMPARISON:

EW200 Z300 ZERO RED CADENZA

OVERALL TONALITY #2 #4 #1 #3

BASS QUALITY #1 #4 #3 #2

BASS QUANTITY #1 #2 #4 #2

LOWER MIDS & VOCALS #2 #4 #1 #3

UPPER MIDS & VOCALS #1 #4 #2 #3

MALE VOCALS #3 #4 #2 #1

FEMALE VOCALS #1 #4 #2 #3

TREBLE #1 #2 #3 #4

EXTENSION & AIR #1 #4 #2 #3

STAGE #2 #4 #1 #3

INSTRUMENT PLACEMENT #1 #4 #2 #3

INSTRUMENT TONALITY #2 #4 #1 #3

OVERALL VALUE $/SOUND #1 #3 #2 #4

AVERAGE SCORE: IF I ADD UP THE OVERALL AND GET AN AVERAGE 13/ TOTAL = % OVERALL WIN

EW200 19 = 68% Z300 47 = 28% ZERO RED 26 = 50% CADENZA 37 = 35%

The most likely to pick the IEM for:

On The Move: EW200

Chill Session: ZERO RED

Loud Jam Out Session: EW200/Cadenza TIE depends on my mood and genre.

Articulate Detail Listen: EW200

Best All-Rounder: EW200

Most likely to pick up over the others: EW200

TRACK IMPRESSIONS: Not Overall sounds impressions just what I thought the IEM presented this track like:

I RANDOMLY PICKED SOME TRACKS FROM MY TEST PLAYLIST, PLAYBACK TWICE FROM TWO SOURCES:

GESHELLI AKM 9949 J2 DAC , TOPPING A90D BALANCED 4.4 PENTACONN
HIBY R6III BAL 4,4 OUT WITH iFi IEMATCH PENTACONN ADAPTER.

#1. “Fluid” by Yosi Horikawa – On this track by this talented Japanese Producer there are intricate builds of rhythms usings both sounds of nature and everyday sounds in the music.

The EW200 was the clear winner here, stage, instrument separation and dynamics were clearly above the other 3 and the bass absolutely slams!
The Zero Red had the smoothest replay, the most balanced overall playback but what really stood out on the Red was the blackest background noticeable and definitely the easiest to listen to.
Z300 Here I Thought was outclassed except for the Cadenza the playback was a smooth listen really nice highs but needed less bloat in the mid bass I thought.
Cadenza Clearly outclassed in this track by all others Just not the kind of playback made for this IEM.

#2 “Take Me To Church” by Hozier – Here I am listening to male vocals.

Hear my notes said – “Cadenza Natural Organic, Z300 cleaner more neutral nice weight, red most real natural sounding nicest timber, EW200 forward vocals crisp thin.”
I think the winner for this track was clearly the zero red it was the only I am that got the reverb effect correct and played back this track with correct vocals and stage really well done.
EW200 Was the most resolving the Cadenza was the second best for stage and the Z300 again was too thick and had too much bass bleed.

#3 “There She Goes.” By Six Pence None The Richer – Hear I am trying to listen to the female vocals and the bass lines.

On my notes the Zero Red I had to say was the second best, but the smoothest replay,
Z300 Nice vocals again smooth nice bass.
Cadenza not as good as the zero or the Z300.
EW 200 female vocals and instrumental as well as the balance with Correct weight the other three seem to be missing winner again.

#4 “Snowman” by SIA – Another outstanding female vocal track.

EW200 energy in the upper mid that you can hear versus the others the bass is super nice and the best vocal replay out of all four IEM’s
Red Extremely well balanced very well done excellent black background.
Z300 Nice vocals loved the energy on this track nice highs definitely more refined than the Cadenza.
Cadenza also had great vocals

#5 “Enter Sandman” by Youn Sun Nah – What an outstanding and unique female vocalist quite talented this song will bring out the nuances in her voice, the details of the track and the correct tonality of the instruments if the IEM has the resolution to do so.

I think overall on this track they SIMGOT EW200 played this one back the best it had very well controlled highs and the most details.
Z300 Instrumental sound it muted as did her voice not a very replay on this track.
TruthEar Zero Red Vocals and instrumental sounded great again very smooth and this black background and the signal to noise ratio is very noticeable.
Cadenza Better stage than the Z But the two actually trade blows very much on this track.

#6 “The Beautiful” by The Tea Party – Yeah I’m listening for rock I’m listening for male vocals and just overall playback at maybe a higher volume with some more high frequency energy.

First off let’s start with the BLON Z300 here I saw it to playback was the most laid back I think rock works quite well for the Z.
The Truthear came out second with better vocals than the Z300 but not by a lot where it differentiated itself was the great instrument separation and details.
The Cadenza, I like it better over the Z300 vocals it sounded cleaner crisper, but the highs on the Z300 were better.
EW200 Best stage, best vocals and the highs you could hear more details in this song where I thought the all the other three missed out on the nuances.

#7 “Give” by Nils Loftgren – In this track it’s exceptionally well recorded Male vocals, guitar and drums.

EW200 again clear winner very clean female backup singers are perfectly toned.
Zero Red here was the widest stage and overall best vocals.
Cadenza Today’s was so tight I just love the Berri Bass better than the Z300 for sure.
Z300 Nicer highs than the cadence and smoother as well.

CONCLUSION:

Was it pretty interesting comparison with this shootout. For some of these IEM’s I actually haven’t listened to in a while but I have kept these ones for a reason. I thought there was something about them that made me keep them they were special in their own way. Well maybe not so much the Z300 I kept that one more for its looks and just for comparison, as it was the only one in the group that has not wowed me in some way like the other ones have.

With the 10 ohm adapter or the iFi IEMATCH adapter all four have very similar baselines on a graph but this is where the similarities end as the texture the speed the decay all sound quite different from all four drivers.

The EW200 clearly stands as the winner in the bass category as not only in its texture, but the speed, decay, and overall quantity is outstanding, and lastly the sheer quantity from the sub bass to the mid bass is simply fun and not overpowering in the mix of have any muddiness or bloat. Truly outstanding BASS and is a noticeable difference over the other IEM’s you can clearly tell that the driver that’s used in this one is making use of a better materials. The Zero Red also is using fantastic drivers but they it’s tuned differently and it’s probably more special in its own way, something about how it can separate noise from the background and just play music, when you do these kinds of comparisons you can truly appreciate what they did with this one.

I think in this shootout the EW 200 is the clear winner.

I went into this with open mind and ears and came out with a clear conclusion that the SIMGOT has represented itself as the best value.

With the EW200’s overall tuning, its ability to be an all-rounder and the fact that it can be driven off of anything with very low power and sound extremely linear even when scaling up. Whereas the TruthEar Zero Red only truly shines with some serious power put to it and not everybody’s going to have that at their disposal, and it simply doesn’t play all genres like the EW200 does.

The Kiwiears Cadenza set for me was best value under $50 IEM in 2022 where I now think it has been uncrowned and the SIMGOT EW200 for me represents the king in the budget category under $50 in 2023.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:

While I originally wrote this as notes for a shootout video:

A supplement to my original video here:

I think the SIMGOT EW200 is a banger, a real winner again in continuation of their latest releases. The EA500 some thought was a tad bright and lacked a bit of sub bass focus- the EW200 fixed all of that and more.

The EW200 is a well rounded IEM , suited to all genre and can be driven off of anything making it a easy RECOMMENDATION.

5 Likes

just amazing.
what a flow of writing. seems just like reading a story. effortless expressions.
amazing.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Another glowing review the EW200 should be getting more love. Especially at its price point. This would have been $200 1 year ago

5 Likes

I had a rough time getting the EW200 to seal and give me any bass, even with tons of power. I also found that the cymbals on lots of classic rock are way to splashy, and it is just too bright.

The EA500 is pretty amazing, as is the Kailua. If you said those ( $80 IEMs ) would have been $200 a year ago, I would have been onboard, but I found the EW200 … disappointing.

4 Likes

I absolutly love the EW200, incredible value for the price.
Sound is really immersive, engaging, at least to my ears. I find the mid-bass to be strong and well textured, as the mids.
I’m using them with Qudelix 5k (i’m rising upper teeble with eq for cymbals especially a bit), final type E clear ones.
My best iem under 100€, for sure, and rivals others above.

3 Likes

OK, I tried some Dunu S&S tips on the EW200, and now I get what everyone is raving about. When the bass comes through that is an impressive IEM for $40. I might need to get some micropore tape to cover that port, and see what it can really do.

The Dunu S&S has become my goto if I am having fit issues. I am typically a small CP100+ or Final E guy, but if I go up to a medium S&S tip, I seem to be able to get the problem IEMs to fit.

I was goofing around and managed to get the OG Blon-03 to fit well, which I had never experience without holding them in before.

5 Likes

Red is EW200 with 350 mesh

I put 350 mesh on the nozzle and it sounds better for me. The 2 db reduction in 5-7kHz make it more balanced overall, allowing to use wider bore eartips, improving stage.

The bass is percieved slightly louder, since my attention is not drawn to upper mids as much.

EW200 with mesh is a best IEM under $50, may be even under $100, but EA500 exists :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes